Fatigue Analysis of Pressure Vessel by FEA Techniques
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2014 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2014|
|Authors : Kirtikumar Tamboli
Kirtikumar Tamboli. "Fatigue Analysis of Pressure Vessel by FEA Techniques", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V13(1),25-28 July 2014. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
The structural integrity of mechanical components during several transients should be assured in the design stage. This requires a fatigue analysis including thermal and stress analyses. As an example, this study performs a fatigue analysis of the 2000M3 pressure vessel during arbitrary transients. Using heat transfer coefficients determined based on the operating environments, a transient thermal analysis is performed and the results are applied to a finite element model along with the pressure to calculate the stresses. The total stress intensity range and cumulative fatigue usage factor are investigated to determine the adequacy of the design.
1) ASME sec VIII, Div-1&2.Pressure vessel design code.
2) D. Moss pressure vessel design handbook.
3) On Using Finite Element Analysis for Pressure Vessel Design By Michael A. Porter, Pedro Marcal, Dennis H. Martens.
4) Finite Element Analysis of Pressure Vessels by David Heckman.
5) Fatigue analysis of different types of pressure vessel nozzle by M.Giglio.
6) Finite Element Analysis of Ellipsoidal Head Pressure Vessel, by Vikram V. Mane, Vinayak H.Khatawate.
7) Finite Element Analysis of Pressure Vessel and Piping Design by Bandarupalli Praneeth, T.B.S.Rao
Pressure Vessel, Fatigue, Stress Concentration Factor, Fatigue Curve, Cumulative Usage Factor.