Theoretical & experimental study of MIG/MAG welding technique
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2015 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : Mr. Sushant S Pawale
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V24P226|
Mr. Sushant S Pawale"Theoretical & experimental study of MIG/MAG welding technique", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V24(3),142-144 June 2015. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
In this paper I have discussed about the basic mechanism of MIG/MAG welding Techniques which includes MIG/MAG Welding terminologies, factors affecting deposition rate, effects of stick out length, factors affecting penetration, advantages & limitations of MIG/MAG welding technique etc in brief & pictorial forms. From this study we can easily understand the mechanism of MIG/MAG welding technique which will be helpful for next research.
1) A textbook of welding technology, Dhanpaatrai publication, by
2) Manual ASME Sec. IX
3) Manual Lincoln electric
4) Manual lorch welding machines
5) S.R. Patil, , C. A. Waghmare , (2013). Optimization of MIG Welding parameters for improving strength of welding joints. EISSN2249- 8974.
6) L. Suresh Kumar, Dr S. M. Verma, P. RadhakrishnaPrasad, P. Kiran kumar, Dr T. Siva Shanker, (2011). Experimental Investigation for Welding Aspects of AISI 304& 316 by Taguchi Technique for Process of TIG & MIG Welding. ISSN:2231-5381
7) NeerajKumar Sharma, Kunal Sharma, (May 2013). To Study The Effect Of Process Variable On Properties Of 2.25cr- 1mo Steel In Gmaw. E-ISSN: 2278 0181.
MIG/MAG, penetration, shielding gas.