Energy Aware Swarm Intelligence Approach for Route Selection with Multi hopping in Wireless Sensor Network
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2015 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : Kanu Priya Sood, Saloni Singla
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V26P250|
Kanu Priya Sood, Saloni Singla"Energy Aware Swarm Intelligence Approach for Route Selection with Multi hopping in Wireless Sensor Network", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V26(5),286-289 August 2015. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Wireless sensor networks are formed by small devices communicating over wireless links without using a fixed network infrastructure. Because of limited transmission range, communication between any two devices requires collaborating intermediate forwarding network nodes, i.e. devices act as routers and end systems at the same time. Communication between any two nodes may be trivially based on simply flooding the entire network. However, more elaborate routing algorithms are essential for the applicability of such wireless networks, since energy has to be conserved in low powered devices and wireless communication always leads to increased energy consumption. Wireless Sensor Networks consisting of nodes with limited power are deployed to collect and distribute useful information from the field to the other sensor nodes. Energy consumption is a key issue in the sensor’s communications since many use battery power, which is limited. In this paper, we describe a novel energy efficient routing approach which combines swarm intelligence, especially the genetic algorithm. The main goal of our study was to maintain network lifetime at a maximum, while discovering the shortest paths from the source nodes to the sink node using improved swarm intelligence. The research also includes maximizing the number of `alive` particulars overtime, thus prolonging the systems lifetime. Simulation results shows that compared with the traditional Q-Leach algorithm can obviously improve adaptability and reduce the average energy consumption effectively.
1. Heinzelman, R. Chandrakasan and Balakrishnan, H, Energy efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks. Proc. Hawaii Int’l. Conf. Sys. Sci., Jan 2000.
2. W.R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, ?An Application-Specific Protocol Architecture for Wireless Microsensor Networks in IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun Oct. 2002, vol. 1(4).
3. Lindsey, S.; Raghavendra, C. PEGASIS: Power-Efficient gathering in sensor information systems. Proc. IEEE Aerospace Conf., 2002; vol. 3, 1125-1130.
4. V. Mhatre and C. Rosenberg, .Homogeneous vs heterogeneous clustered sensor networks: a comparative study., Communications, IEEE International Conference on, 2004.
5. A. Manjeshwar and D. P. Agrawal, TEEN: A Routing Protocol for Enhanced Efficiency in Wireless Sensor Networks, Int’l.Workshop on Parallel and Distrib. Computing Issues in Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing, April 2001.
6. Manjeshwar, A.and Agarwal, D.P,APTEEN: A hybrid protocol for efficient routing and comprehensive information retrieval in wireless sensor networks. Proc. 16th Int’l Parallel and Distrib. Processing Sys, April 2002, pp. 195–202.
7. Tintu Devasia,And Gopika S. ?Statistical Analysis of Energy Efficient Hierarchical Routing Protocols in WSN IJARCCE, May 2013.
8. I. F. Akyildiz et al., ?Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey, Elsevier Sci. B V. Comp. Networks, March 2002,vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 393–422.
9. Kemal Akkaya , Mohamed Younis, A survey on routing protocols for wireless sensor networks, Elsevier Sci. Ad Hoc. Networks, May.2005 vol. 3 pp.325-349.
10. Shio Kumar Singh, M P Singh, D K Singh A Survey of Energy-Efficient Hierarchical Cluster- Based Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks” Int. J. of Advanced Networking and Applications 2010 pp, 570-580.
11. S. Ghiasi R.A.Roseline, Dr.P.Sumathi, Energy Efficient Routing Protocols and Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks – A Survey, Global Journals, Dec.2011.
12. Nikolaos A. Pantazis, Stefanos A. Nikolidakis and Dimitrios D. Vergados, ?Energy-Efficient Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey, IEEE communications Surveys & tutorials, 2013
13. Zibouda Aliouat, Makhlouf Aliouat. ?Effective Energy Management in Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE International Conference on, 2012.
14. Gnanambigai, N. Rengarajan and K. Anbukkarasi, ?Q-Leach: An Energy Efficient Cluster Based Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks IEEE International Conference on, 2013.
Wireless sensor networks, Routing protocols, Energy Efficiency, Swarm Intelligence, Genetic Algorithm.