Spatial Statistical Analysis of burglary Crime in Chennai City Promoters Apartments: A CASE STUDY
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2011 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2011|
|Authors :M.Vijaya Kumar,Dr .C.Chandrasekar|
M.Vijaya Kumar,Dr .C.Chandrasekar. "Spatial Statistical Analysis of burglary Crime in Chennai City Promoters Apartments: A CASE STUDY". International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT),V2(1):34-42 Jul to Aug 2011. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
With increasing availability of public interactive mapping tools comes the likelihood of knowledge to be misunderstand or misused. This study makes use of the Chennai city Promoter Apartments as a case study to evaluate various spatial statistic analysis & mapping techniques with a focus on crime. Knowledge is integrated from a few sources, including Chennai City Police Service statistical reports, community statistics and a recently developed web - based interactive crime mapping interface with a objective of demonstrating various visualization approaches to the same dataset and crime variables
1. HOME DEPARTMENT TAMIL NADU POLICE POLICY NOTE FOR 2006 - 2007.Tamil Nadu Police Service Annual Statistical Report 2006 – 2007. Statistical Summary.
2. Impact Assessment of Modernization of Police Forces (MPF) (From 2000 to 2010). Bureau of Police Research and Development Ministry of Home Affairs 2010
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY of Ta mil Nadu Police Statistical Report 2002 – 2009. Statistical Summary.
4. CRIME REVIEW TAMIL NADU 2007. State Crime Records Bureau Crime CID, Chennai Tamil Nadu.
5. Tamil Nadu Police Website http://www.tnpolice.gov .in/
6. Crime Mapping in India: A GIS implementation in Chennai City Policing , Geographic Information Sciences, Vol.10, No1, June 2004. Jaishankar K., and Debarati.
7. Chennai City Map: http://www.mapsofindia.com/maps/tamilnadu/chennai - map.htm
crime analysis ,point pattern analysis ,spatial statistics, data manipulation, spatial crime distribution