Design and Analysis of Belt Conveyor Roller Shaft
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2016 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : Harshavardhan A. Kadam, Nilesh S. Hyalij
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V36P209|
Harshavardhan A. Kadam, Nilesh S. Hyalij"Design and Analysis of Belt Conveyor Roller Shaft", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V36(1),45-49 June 2016. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
For the continuous transportation of material a belt conveyor are used in the transport of coal and mineral powder it gives high efficiency and environmental protection. In some cases according to requirement if we increase conveyor inclination up to 170 to 180 the impact on the whole assembly of shaft occur due to this impact of material on conveyor shaft it break or bend within few month. An analysis of stress and impact creates on roller shaft with the help of Hypermesh and to develop design of shaft for 170 to 180 create model Analysis using hyperwork. By using design failure modes and effects Analysis (DFMEA) for systematic, proactive method for identifying where and how it might fail.
1. Devendra Kumar, R.K. Mandloi “Analysis & Prospects of Modification in Belt Conveyors - A Review” IJERA Vol. 3, Issue 1, January -February 2013, pp.581-587.
2. VINOD M. BANSODE, ABHAY A. UTPAT “Fatigue Life Prediction of A Butt Weld Joint In A Drum Pulley Assembly Using Non-Linear Static Structural Analysis” Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, Pandharpur, India.
3. X. Oscar fenn Daniel, A. Hussain lal “Stress Analysis in Pulley of Stacker-Reclaimer by Using Fem Vs Analytical” Department of Mechanical Engineering, JJ College of Engineering and Technology, Tiruchirappalli. IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE) e-ISSN: 2278-1684, p-ISSN: 2320-334X PP 52-59.
4. Gys van Zyl, Abdulmohsin Al-Sahli “Failure analysis of conveyor pulley shaft” Materials and Corrosion Section, SABIC T&I, Jubail, Saudi Arabia ,Received in revised form 27 April 2013.
5. Vinit Sethi and Lawrence K. Nordell “Modern Pulley Design Techniques and Failure Analysis Methods” conveyor Dynamics, Inc.1111 West Holly Street Bellingham, WA 98225.
6. Terry King Pr. Eng “Belt Conveyor Pulley Design - Why the Failures?” B.Sc Mech. Engineering (Hons.) Design Engineer to the Bosworth Group of Companies.
Existing Roller Shaft, Analysed Roller shaft with DFMEA.