Comparative Analysis of Deflection of Simply Supported Beam of Different Material Subjected to U.D.L using ANSYS
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2018 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2018|
|Authors : Dinesh Agarwal
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V59P211|
Dinesh Agarwal"Comparative Analysis of Deflection of Simply Supported Beam of Different Material Subjected to U.D.L using ANSYS", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V59(2),63-65 May 2018. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
The word deflection generally refers to the deformed shape and position of a member subjected to bending loads. More specifically, however, deflection is used in reference to the deformed shape and position of the longitudinal axis of a beam. In deformed condition the neutral axis which is initially a straight longitudinal line assumes some particular shape which is called deflection curve. Work is designed to understand the deflection behavior of various engineering material. Analysis is made four different engineering material by using static structural model of ANSYS. The simply supported beam with uniformly distributed load on whole span is taken for exercise.
1. Byars EF, (1963) Engineering Mechanics of Deformable Bodies ,International Textbook Company, Scranton Pennsylvannia (US)
2 C. Jong, “An Alternative Approach to Finding Beam Reactions and Deflections: Method of Model Formulas,”International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 65-74, 2009.
3 S. Timoshenko and G. H. MacCullough, Elements of Strength of Materials (3rd Edition), Van Nostrand Company,Inc., New York, NY, 1949.
4 S. H. Crandall, C. D. Norman, and T. J. Lardner, An Introduction to the Mechanics of Solids (2nd Edition),McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 1972. .
5. F. L. Singer and A. Pytel, Strength of Materials (4th Edition), Harper & Row, New York, NY, 1987.
6. A. Pytel and J. Kiusalaas, Mechanics of Materials, Brooks/Cole, Pacific Grove, CA, 2003.
7. J. M. Gere, Mechanics of Materials (6th Edition), Brooks/Cole, Pacific Grove, CA, 2004.
8. F. P. Beer, E. R. Johnston, Jr., J. T. DeWolf, and D. F. Mazurek, Mechanics of Materials (5th Edition), McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 2009.
9. R. G. Budynas and J. K. Nisbett, Shigley’s Mechanical Engineering Design (8th Edition), McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 2008.
10. H. T. Grandin, and J. J. Rencis, “A New Approach to Solve Beam Deflection Problems Using the Method of Segments,” Proceedings of the 2006 ASEE Annual conference & Exposition, Chicago, IL, 2006.
11. I. C. Jong, “Deflection of a Beam in Neutral Equilibrium à la Conjugate Beam Method: Use of Support, Not Boundary, Conditions,” 7th ASEE Global Colloquium on Engineering Education, Cape Town, South Africa, October 19-23, 2008.
U.D.L, ANSYS, structural, material