Feature Tracking and Expression Recognition of Face Using Dynamic Bayesian Network
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2014 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2014|
|Authors : Sonali V.Hedaoo , M.D.Katkar , S.P.Khandait
Sonali V.Hedaoo , M.D.Katkar , S.P.Khandait. "Feature Tracking and Expression Recognition of Face Using Dynamic Bayesian Network", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology(IJETT), V8(10),517-521 February 2014. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
The human face plays a central role in social interaction, hence it is not surprising that facial information processing is an important and highly active subfield of cognitive science research. The face is a complex stimulus displaying information about identity, age, gender, as well as emotional and attention state. Here we consider the problem of extracting information about emotional state (facial expression) from single images. Due to the difficulty of obtaining controlled video sequences of standard facial expressions, many psychological and neurophysiologic studies of facial expression processing have used single image motivations. In proposed system, in contrast to the mainstream approaches, we are trying to build a probabilistic model based on the Dynamic Bayesian Network (DBN) to capture the facial interactions at different levels. Hence the proposed system deal with the identification of facial expression on the image captured through camera.
1) Yongqiang Li , Shangfei Wang,Yongping zhao , Qiang Ji, “Simultaneous Facial Feature Tracking & Facial Expression Recognition”, IEEE Transaction On Image Processing, VOL. 22,NO. 7,PP. 2559-2571,July 2013
2) Michel F. Valstar,Maja Pantic, “Fully Automatic Recognition of Temporal phases of Facial Action”, IEEE Transactions On Systems, Man, And Cybernetics—part B: Cybernetics, Vol. 42, No. 1, PP. 28-42, February 2012
3) Ligang Zhang , Dian Tjondronegoro, “Facial Expression Recognition using Facial Movement Features” , IEEE Transactions On Affective Computing, Vol. 2, No. 4, PP.219-229,October-December 2011
4) Ch. J. Wen Y. Zh. Zhan, “HMM+KNN Classifier for Facial Expression Recognition”, IEEE Transaction 2008,PP.260-263,2008
5) Fadi Dornaika , Frank Davoine , “ simultaneous Facial Action Tracking & Expression Recognition Using a Particle Filter” ,10thIEEE International Conference on Computer Vision(ICCV’05), 1550-5495,2005
6) Le An, Mehran Kafai, Student Member, IEEE and BirBhanu, Fellow, IEEE, “Dynamic Bayesian Network for Unconstrained Face Recognition in Surveillance Camera Networks”, IEEE Journal On Emerging And Selected Topics In Circuits And Systems, Vol. X, No. X, June 2013
7) Yongqiang Li, Jixu Chen, Yongping Zhao, and Qiang Ji, “Data-free Prior Model for Facial Action Unit Recognition”,Submit To IEEE Transactions On Affective Computing
8) TimoAhonen, Student Member, IEEE,AbdenourHadid, and Matti Pietika¨ inen, Senior Member, IEEE, “Face Description with Local Binary Patterns:Application to Face Recognition”, IEEE Transactions On Pattern Analysis And Machine Intelligence, Vol. 28, No. 12, December 2006
9) G.Donato, M.S.Bartlett, J.C.Hager, P.Ekman and T.J.Sejnowski, “Classifying Facial Action”, IEEE Transaction Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell , Vol.21,No.10,pp. 974-989,Oct. 1999.
10) Cassio P.de Campos and Q.Ji, “ Efficient Structure learning of Bayesian Networks using Constraints”, J.Mach Learn , Res,Vol.12,pp. 663-689,March 2011
11) M.Valstar and M.Pantic , “Fully automatic recognition of the temporal phases of Facial Action”,IEEE Trans.Syst., Man,Cybern. B, Cybern., Vol. 42, no. 1, pp 28-43,Feb.2012.
12) I.Patras and M.Pantic , “Particle Filtering with factorized likelihoods for tracking Facial Features,” in Proc. IEEE Int.Conf.Autom.Face Gesture Recognition,May 2004,p 97-102.
13) S.P.Khandait , Dr.R.C.Thool, “automatic facial feature extraction and expression recognition based on neural network” (IJACSA) International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Application , vol.2,no.1,January2011,pp. 113-118, ISSN : 2156-5570(Online) and ISSN : 2158- 107X(Print)
14) S.P. Khandait, Dr. R.C.Thool, P.D.Khandait, “Comparative Analysis of ANFIS and NN Approach for Expression Recognition using Geometry Method”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering (IJARCSSE) Vol.2,Issue 3,March -2012,pp. 169-174, ISSN: 2277 128X
15) S.P.Khandait, Dr. R.C.Thool and P.D.Khandait , “ANFIS and Neural Network based Facial Expression Recognition using Curvelet Features”, International Journal of Computing, (ISSN 1727-6209 ) 2012, vol. 11, issue 3, p.255-261 .
Bayesian network, expression recognition, facial Action unit recognition, facial feature tracking, simultaneous Tracking and recognition.