Design and Analysis of Composite Leaf Spring – A Review
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2014 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2014|
|Authors : Avinash Sharma , Ajeet Bergaley , Satbeer Singh Bhatia
Avinash Sharma , Ajeet Bergaley , Satbeer Singh Bhatia. "Design and Analysis of Composite Leaf Spring – A Review", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology(IJETT), V9(3),124-128 March 2014. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Overall Weight reduction of the vehicle is the main issue in automobile industries. Weight reduction can be achieved primarily by the introduction of better material, design optimization and better manufacturing processes. In this paper main focus is to review all such work in which the weight reduction of the vehicle was achieved by considering leaf spring. Many of authors suggested that weight reduction can be achieved by using composite material having suitable properties and capable of carrying such heavy load of the vehicle. Different methods for analysing and manufacturing for composite leaf spring are also discussed. It was shown that the weight reduction can be easily achieved but there are more aspects which should also be consider i.e. cost, new composite materials.
1. Erol Sancaktar and Mathieu Gratton, Design, Analysis and Optimization of Composite Leaf spring for Light Vehicle Application, Elsevier Science Ltd. Vol. 44, 1999, pp195-204.
2. Mahmood M. Shokrieh, Davood Rezaei, Analysis and Optimization of a Composite Leaf Spring. Elsevier Science Ltd. Vol. 60, 2003, pp317-325.
3. Gulur Siddaramanna Shiva Shankar, Sambagam Vijayaragan, Mono Composite Leaf Spring for Light Weight Vehicle – Design, End Joint Analysis and Testing, Material Science , Vol. 12, April 2006, pp220-225.
4. Patunkar M. M., Dolas D. R., Modelling and Analysis of Composite Leaf Spring under the Static Load Condition by using FEA, International Journal of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering, Vol.1, 2011, pp1-4.
5. Venkatesan M., Devraj D. Helmen, Design and analysis of composite leaf spring in light vehicle, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, Vol. 2, Jan-Feb2012, pp213-218.
6. Shishay Amare Gebremeskel. Design, Simulation, and Prototyping of Single Composite Leaf Spring for Light Weight Vehicle. Global Journal of Research in Engineering Mechanical and Mechanics Engineering, Vol. 12, 2012, pp21-30.
7. Kumar Y. N. V. Santosh and Teja M. Vimal, International Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Vol. 2, 2012, pp97-100.
8. Jadhav Mahesh V., Zoman Digambar B, Y. R. Kharde and R. R. Kharde, Performance Analysis of Two Mono Leaf Spring used for Maruti 800 Vehicle, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering, Vol. 2, December 2012, pp65-67
9. Ghodake A. P.*, Patil K.N., Analysis of Steel and Composite Leaf Spring for Vehicle, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Vol. 5, Jan-Feb.2013, pp68-76
10. Ramakanth U. S. and Sowjanya K., Design and analysis of automotive multi-leaf spring using composite materials. International Journal of Mechanical Production Engineering Research and Development, Vol. 3, March 2013, pp155-162.
11. Meghavath Peerunaik, Tippa Bhimasankara Rao and K.N.D. Malleswara Rao. Static and Modal Analysis of Leaf Spring using FEA. International Journal of Computational Engineering Research, Vol. 03. April 2013, pp107-110.
leaf spring, composite material E-glass/Epoxy.