Modelling of Photovoltaic Cell/Module under Environmental Disturbances using MATLAB /Simulink
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2014 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2014|
|Authors : Savitha P B , Shashikala M S , Puttabuddhi K L
Savitha P B , Shashikala M S , Puttabuddhi K L. "Modelling of Photovoltaic Cell/Module under Environmental Disturbances using MATLAB/Simulink", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology(IJETT), V9(1),48-55 March 2014. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Integration of photovoltaic power to grid is one of the major interests. Design, study and analysis of key components in a photovoltaic power system from generation of power to integration to main grid are very crucial. It is important to build an accurate photovoltaic module and analyse characteristics of the PV (photovoltaic) cell/module under different environmental parameters. Further, for the design of an efficient MPPT algorithm the range of maximum power to be tracked is necessary. This paper presents a step by step mathematical model for a PV cell/module based on single diode equivalent circuit model. And compared the simulated model results with manufacturer’s specified specifications like peak current, peak voltage, open circuit voltage and short circuit current under variation of irradiation, temperature. Model evaluation is presented using a WEBEL SOLAR W2300 250W Monocrystalline module in MATLAB /SIMULINK platform. The simulated result shows the performance matching of the cell/module.
1. J.A. Ramos-Hernanz et.al.,”Two Photovoltaic Cell Simulation Models in MATLAB/Simulink”, International Journal on Technical and Physical Problems of Engineering, March 2012, Issue.10,Vol.4,No.1, Page 45-51.
2. Tarak Salmi, Mounir Bouzguenda, Adel Gastli,Ahmed Masmoudi, ”MATLAB/Simulink Based Modelling of Solar Photovoltaic Cell”, International Journal of Renewable Energy ,Vol.2,No.2,2012
3. Huan-Liang Tsai et.al., “Development of Generalized Photovoltaic Model using MATLAB/SIMULINK”, Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science ,WCECS 2008,October 22-24,San Francisco USA.
4. J.Surya Kumari,Ch.Sai Babu, "Mathematical Modelling and Simulation of Photovoltaic cell using Matlab-Simulink Environment" ,International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering,Vol.2 No.1 ,February 2012,pp-26-34.
5. Ram Krishan, YogRaj Sood, B.Uday Kumar,”The Simulation and Design for Analysis of Photovoltaic System Based on MATLAB”,IEEE 2013 978-1-4673-6150-7/11
6. Hongmei Tian et.al.,”A Detailed Performance Model for Photovoltaic Systems”, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, USA NREL/JA-5500-54601,July 2012
7. Marcelo Gradella Villalva et.al.,” Comprehensive Approach to Modelling and Simulation of Photovoltaic Arrays”, IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics, Vol.24, No.5, May 2009.
8. A.Keyhani, "Modelling of Photovoltaic Micro grids for Bulk Power Grid Studies", IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, ,24-29 July 2011, pp 1-6,SanDiego CA
grid interconnection, irradiation, MATLAB/Simulink, PV module, temperature