DFT - based channel estimation for OFDM system and comparison with LS and MMSE over Rayleigh and Rician fading channel
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2013 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2013|
|Authors : Jeevan Singh Parmar , Gaurav Gupta|
Jeevan Singh Parmar , Gaurav Gupta. "DFT - based channel estimation for OFDM system and comparison with LS and MMSE over Rayleigh and Rician fading channel". International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT). V4(9):3877-3881 Sep 2013. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group.
Orthogonal Frequency Division multiplexing is a high data rate transmission scheme for wireless communication systems. The received signal is not only coming directly from the transmitter, but the combination of multipath components of transmitted signal. One of the most intriguing aspects in wireless communication is fading which is present when there are multipath components . To cancel the effect of fading , channel estimation is required at the receiving end. In this paper a DFT - based channel estimati on approach is simulated and comparing with conventional channel estimation techniques , Least Square (LS) and Minimum Mean Square Error (MMSE) over Rayleigh and Rician fading Channel . The simulation results show that DFT - based channel estimation technique reduces the Mean Square Error (MSE) and the performance of DFT - based is better than LS and MMSE.
1. Cimini, L.J “ Analysis and simulation of a digital mobile channel using orthogonal frequency - division multiplexing ". IEEE Tran . Comm ., 33(7), 665 – 6 75 .(1985) .
2. Tufvesson, F. and Maseng, T. “ Pilot assisted channel estimation for OFDM in mobile cellular systems ” . IEEE VTC’97, vol u . 3, pp. 1639 – 1643. (May 1997) .
3. Van D e Beek, J.J., Edfors, O., Sandell, M. et al. On channel estimation in OFDM systems. IEEE VTC’95, vol. 2, pp. 815 – 819. (July 1995) .
4. K. Elangovan. “ Comparative study on the Channel Estimation for OFDM system usi ng LMS, NLMS and RLS Algorithms ”,. 978 - 1 - 4673 - 1039 - 0/12/$31.00 ©2012 IEEE
5. B.Song, L.Gui, and W.Zhang, “Comb type pilot aided cha nnel estimation in OFDM systems with transmit diversity,” IEEE Trans. Broadcast., vol u . 52, pp.50 - 57, March. 2006.
6. Tian - Ming Ma, Yu - Song Shi, and Ying - Guan Wang. “A Low Complexity MMSE for OFDM Systems over Freque ncy Selective Fading Channels”. IEEE Communication letters Vol u . 16, No. 3, March 2012.
7. Richard van nee and Ramjee Prasad. “OFDM For wireless multimedia communication”. Artech house Boston London.
8. Rappaport, T.S. Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice 2/E, Prentice Hall. (2001) .
9. Sin em Coleri, Mustafa Ergen, Anuj Puri, and Ahmad Bahai. “Channel Estimation Techniques Based on Pilot Arrangement in OFDM Systems ” . IEEE Trans . on Broadcasting, Vol u. 48, No. 3, Sept. 2002.
10. Peter Hammarberg , Fredrik Rusek and Ove Edfors. “ Channel Estimation Algorithms for OFDM - IDMA: Complexity and Performance ”. IEEE Transaction in wireless communication, Vol. 11, No. 5, May 2012
OFDM; DFT; MSE; Channel Estimation; LS; MMSE.