A New Paradigm on Experimental Investigation of Concrete for E- Plastic Waste Management
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2014 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2014|
|Authors : Iftekar Gull , Mr. M. Balasubramanian
Iftekar Gull , Mr. M. Balasubramanian. "A New Paradigm on Experimental Investigation of Concrete for E- Plastic Waste Managementt", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V10(4),180-186 April 2014. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
This research paper seeks to optimize the benefits of using E Plastic Waste in the fiber form in concrete. The E Plastic waste (insulation wires) is shredded into fibers of specific size and shape. Several design concrete mixes with different percentages of waste plastic fibers for three aspect ratios, are casted into desire shape and size as per requirement of the tests. Each specimen was cured for 7, 14 and 28 days. The workability, compression, split tension and Flexure strength tests were carried out. The results are compared with control concrete. The improvement in mechanical properties of concrete was observed. The behavior of plastic incorporated concrete depending on sizes of fibers is resulted in this paper.
1. R. N. Nibudey et. al. (2013) , “Strength And Fracture Properties Of Post Consumed Waste Plastic Fiber Reinforced Concrete ” International Journal of Civil, Structural, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering Research and Development (IJCSEIERD) ISSN 2249-6866 ,Vol. 3, Issue 2, Jun 2013, 9-16.
2. R.Lakshmi, S. Nagan (2011) , “Investigations On Durability Characteristics Of E-plastic Waste Incorporated Concrete” Asian Journal Of Civil Engineering (Building And Housing) Vol. 12, No. 6 (2011) Pages 773-787
3. R.Lakshmi, S. Nagan, “Utilization of waste E plastic particles in cementitious mixtures” Journal of Structural Engineering,Vol.38, No. 1, April – May 2011, pp. 26-35
4. R. Kandasamy and R. Murugesan( 2011), “ Fibre Reinforced Concrete Using Domestic Waste Plastics As Fibres” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences , VOL. 6, NO. 3, MARCH 2011
5. Indian Standard methods of physical test for hydraulic cement, IS 4031: 1968, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
6. Indian Standard specification for ordinary and low heat Portland cement, IS 8112: 1989, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
7. Indian standard methods of tests for aggregates for concrete, IS 2386(Part III), Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
Solid Waste, E Plastic waste Fibers, Fiber Reinforced Concrete, Strengths