Performance Characteristics of Oxy Hydrogen Gas on Two Stroke Petrol Engine
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2013 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2013|
|Authors : G.Ajay Kumar , G.Venkateswara Rao|
G.Ajay Kumar , G.Venkateswara Rao. "Performance Characteristics of Oxy Hydrogen Gas on Two Stroke Petrol Engine". International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT). V6(7):358-366 Dec 2013. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
In order to conserve petroleum fuels for future and to eliminate the above limitations there is a need of alternative and innovative fuel. Amongst many alternative fuels available oxy hydrogen gas and producer gas are under study in this research work. Electrolysis of water can give us hydrogen in form of Brown’s gas (HHO gas) or oxy-hydrogen gas, which can be used as an alternative fuel for any internal combustion engine. Various methods for the generation of oxy-hydrogen gas are discussed in the coming paragraphs. An agricultural waste like rice husk, wood dust, and dried coconut leaves etc can also be used as an alternative fuels. An attempt has been made in this work to use alternative fuel in two stroke petrol engine. Our fore most aim in selecting this project is to use nonconventional fuel against conventional fuel which is becoming scarce and costly now days. The combustion of a hydrocarbon fuel with air produces mainly carbon dioxide (CO2) and Water (H2O). However, internal combustion engines are not perfectly efficient, so some of the fuel is not burned, which results in the presence of hydrocarbons (HC) other organic compounds, carbon monoxide (CO) and forming mainly nitric oxide (NO).
1. Anshu, Srivastava,Shakun, Srivastava, Nigam,A.C, “Alternative Fuel for Transportation”, International Journal O f Environmental Sciences, 2010, Volume 1, No 2.
2. Karthik, T.S, Murali, Ganesh. S”Impact of Green Transportation In Today’s Economy”, APJMER, November 2012, Volume 1, Issue 3.
3. Staša,Puškari?1*.,Damir,Oros2.,2012, “Effects of Various Fuel Blends on the Performance of a Two-stroke Internal Combustion Engine”, RIThink, Vol. 2.
4. YadavMilind, S.1*.,Sawant, S. M.2.,AnavkarJayesh, A.1., andChavan, Hemant, V.1., September, 2011, “Investigations on generation methods for oxy-hydrogen gas its blending with conventional fuels and effect on the performance of internal combustion engine”,journal of Mechanical Engineering Research .Vol. 3(9),pp: 325-332.
5. Yadav, Milind,S.1, Dr. S. M. Sawant2, “Investigations on oxy-hydrogen gas andproducer gas, as alternative fuels, on the performance of twin cylinder diesel engine”, IJMET, 2011,Volume 2. Issue 2, pp: 85-98.
6. Heywood J.B., “Internal combustion engine fundamentals”, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Limited, McGraw Hill Company Limited, Newyork, 1988
7. Brown Y., Brown’s Gas, United States Patent, US Patent 4014,777; March 28, 1978
8. Parekh P.P., State of an art Report on Gasification of Biomass; IIT Bombay, 1989.
9. “Performance Analysis on 4-S Si Engine Fueled With HHO Gas and LPG Enriched Gasoline” B. Ramanjaneyulu et.al International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) Vol. 2 Issue 8, August - 2013
10. Parulekar Prasad, “Use of Updraft Gasifier for power generation”; MT 1942, IIT Bombay, 2007.
Two Stroke Petrol engine; Electrolysis; Oxygen Enriched hydrogen-HHO gas; emission characteristics.