Exhaust Manifold Design – FEA Approach
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2014 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2014|
|Authors : Gopaal, MMM Kumara Varma, Dr L Suresh Kumar
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V17P295|
Gopaal, MMM Kumara Varma, Dr L Suresh Kumar "Exhaust Manifold Design – FEA Approach", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V17(10),485-489 Nov 2014. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
The Exhaust manifold in the engines is an important component which has a considerable effect on the performance of the I.C engine. The exhaust manifold operates under high temperature and pressure conditions. Their design usually has to be performed by trial and error through many experiments and analyses. Therefore, an automated design optimization would reduce technical, schedule, and cost risks for new engine developments. This paper deals with the various factors that are to be considered in the design of the exhaust manifold. It tries to explain the effect of various factors during the Finite Element Analysis.
1. Swathi Satish, Mani Prithiviraj and Sridhar Hari, “Comparison of predictions obtained on an exhaust manifold analysis using conformal and indirect mapped interface”, International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation, IIT Hyderabad, 10 – 12 December 2012.
2. J.David Rathnaraj, “Thermo mechanical fatigue analysis of stainless steel exhaust manifolds”, IRACST – Engineering Science and Technolgy, Vol 2, No. 2, April 2012, PP 265 – 267.
3. M.Rajasekhar Reddy, Dr K.Madhava Reddy, “Design And Optimization Of Exhaust Muffler In Automobiles”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol 2, Issue 5, Sept-Oct 2012, PP 395 – 398.
4. Sweta Jain, AlkaBani Agrawal, “Coupled Thermal – Structural Finite Element Analysis for Exhaust Manifold of an Off-road Vehicle Diesel Engine”, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering, Vol 3, Issue 4, September 2013, PP 226-230.
5. Bin Zou, Yaqian Hu, Zhien Liu,Fuwu Yan and Chao Wang, “The Impact of Temperature Effect on Exhaust Manifold Thermal Modal Analysis”, Research Journal of Applied Sciences Engineering and Technology, August 20, 2013, PP 2824-2829.
6. A.K.M. Mohiuddin, Ataur Rahamn and Mohd. Dzaidin, “Optimal design of automobile exhaust system using gt- power”, Interantional Journal of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Vol 2 No. 1, 2007, PP 40 – 47.
7. Modelling and Design of Exhaust Manifold Under Thermo mechanical Loading by K.H. Park, B.L. Choi, K.W. Lee, K.-S. Kim and Y.Y. Earmme.
8. Masahiro Kanazaki, Masashi Morikawa, “Multiobjective Design Optimization of Merging Configuration for an Exhaust Manifold of a Car Engine”, Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics, International Conference Parallel, Kyoto, Japan, May 2002.
9. Exhaust Manifold Pressure Estimation Diesel Equipped with a VGT Turbocharger by Felipe Castillo and Emmanuel Witrant, Luc Dugard.
10. Practical Finite Element Analysis by Nitin S Gokhale, Sanjay S Deshpande, Sanjeev V Bedekar and Anand N Thite.
Exhaust manifold, Thermal analysis, Structural analysis, Couple Field analysis, Wave rarefaction, Mass Participation factor.