Strengthening of Flexible Pavement using Egg Shell as a Filler
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2015 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : K.Kiruthiha, G.Loshini, M.Thivya, Mr.Vignesh Kumar
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V21P294|
K.Kiruthiha, G.Loshini, M.Thivya, Mr.Vignesh Kumar "Strengthening of Flexible Pavement using Egg Shell as a Filler", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V21(10),483-486 March 2015. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Construction of pavement involves huge outlay of investment. Addition of certain materials like limestone, coconut shell, egg shell, saw dust etc. It may save considerable investment as well as gives reliable performance. This project describes the use egg shell as filler in bituminous pavements in order to fill the air voids. It involves identification of proper mix by obtaining optimum bitumen content (OBC) and optimum egg shell content by determining the Marshall Stability and flow values.
1. S.K.KHANNA-C.E.G.JUSTO, Highway Engineering.
2. IRC:29-1988 Specification for Bituminous Concrete for Road Pavement.
3. IS 73-2006 Indian Standard paving bitumen — specification
4. Ravindra Tomar et al., 2013 “Effect of fillers on bituminous paving mixes”.
5. Yuliarahmadila Binti Erfen et al.,” the appropriateness of egg shell as filler in hot mix asphalt”.
6. Chapter 4, Marshall Mix Design and Analysis, School of Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology.
Eggshell powder, OBC, air voids, Marshall Stability, flow