Structural Analysis of Eicher 11.10 Chassis Frame
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2015 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : Chintada.Vinnod babu, Chiranjeeva Rao.Seela, Vykunta Rao.Matta|
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V22P266|
Chintada.Vinnod babu, Chiranjeeva Rao.Seela, Vykunta Rao.Matta"Structural Analysis of Eicher 11.10 Chassis Frame", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V22(7),315-318 April 2015. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Automotive chassis is an important part of an automobile. The chassis serves as a frame work for supporting the body and different parts of the automobile. The chassis frame has to withstand the stresses developed within a limit. Along with strength, an important consideration in chassis design is to have adequate bending stiffness for better handling characteristics. So, strength and stiffness are two important criteria for the design of the chassis. This paper is related with work performed towards the static structural analysis of the truck chassis in which study of the stresses developed and deformation of chassis frame of EICHER 11.10 has been done by considering three different materials like St52, Ni-Cr Steel and CFRP in each case. The chassis is modeled in PRO-E and finite element analysis has been done in ANSYS.
1. Patel Vijay kumar V, Prof. R. I. Patel . 2012, Structural Analysis of Automotive Chassis Frame and Design Modification for Weight Reduction. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), 1, 3 :1-6
2. Mohd Azizi Muhammad Nora,, Helmi Rashida, Wan Mohd Faizul Wan Mahyuddin 2012, Stress Analysis of a Low Loader Chassis, Elsevier Ltd. Sci Verse Science Direct Procedia Engineering 41, , 995 – 1001.
3. Hemant B.Patil, Sharad D.Kachave, Eknath R.Deore, 2013, Stress Analysis of Automotive Chassis with Various Thicknesses, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), 6, 1 :44-49
4. Roslan Abd Rahman, Mohd Nasir Tamin, Ojo Kurdi , 2008, Stress analysis of heavy duty truck chassis as a preliminary data for its fatigue life prediction using FEM, Jurnal Mekanikal, 26: 76 – 85
5. Tushar M. Patel1, Dr. M. G. Bhatt2 and Harshad K. Patel3. 2013, Analysis and validation of Eicher 11.10 chassis frame using Ansys . International Journal of Emerging Trends & Technology in Computer Science (IJETTCS) 2,2 : 85-88
6. Juvvi Siva Nagaraju,U. Hari Babu design and structural analysis of heavy vehicle chasis frame made of composite material by varying reinforcement angles of layers, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies EISSN2249– 8974
7. Ms. Kshitija A. Bhat1, Prof. Harish V. Katore. 2014 , The Failure Analysis of Tractor Trolley Chassis An Approach using Finite Element Method - A Review , IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE) PP 24-27
8. M. Ravi Chandra1, S. Sreenivasulu2, Syed Altaf Hussain, 2012. Modeling and Structural analysis of heavy vehicle chassis made of polymeric composite material by three different cross sections , International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER) 2,4, :2594-2600
ANSYS, Automotive chassis, strength and stiffness, stresses, structural analysis.