LMS Adaptive Filter Implementation using Distributed Arithmetic Methodology
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2015 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : K.Manasa Lakshmi, S.Neelima
Banda Showry Jojappa, K Babu Rao"LMS Adaptive Filter Implementation using Distributed Arithmetic Methodology", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V30(2),61-66 December 2015. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Presentation of an efficient architecture for the implementation of a delayed least mean square adaptive filter. For achieving lower adaptation-delay and area-delay-power efficient implementation, we use a novel partial product generator and propose a strategy for optimized balanced pipelining across the timeconsuming combinational blocks of the structure. From synthesis results, we find that the proposed design offers less area-delay product (ADP) and less energy-delay product (EDP) than the best of the existing systolic structures. An efficient fixed-point implementation scheme of the proposed architecture, and derive the expression for steady-state error shows that the steady-state mean squared error obtained from the analytical result matches with the simulation result.
1. B.Widrow and S.D. Stearns, Adaptive Signal Processing. Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA: Prentice-Hall, 1985.
2. S.Haykin and B.Widrow, Least-Mean-Square Adaptive Filters. Hoboken, NJ, USA: Wiley, 2003.
3. M.D.Meyer and D.P.Agrawal, ?A modular pipelined implementation of a delayed LMS transversal adaptive filter, in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Circuits Syst., May 1990, pp. 1943–1946.
4. G.Long, F.Ling, and J.G. Proakis, ?The LMS algorithm with delayed coefficient adaptation, IEEE Trans. Acoust., Speech, Signal Process., vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 1397–1405, Sep. 1989.
5. G. Long, F. Ling, and J.G. Proakis, ?Corrections to ?The LMS algorithm with delayed coefficient adaptation‘, IEEE Trans. Signal Process., vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 230–232, Jan. 1992.
6. H. Herzberg and R. Haimi-Cohen, ?A systolic array realization of an LMS adaptive filter and the effects of delayed adaptation, IEEE Trans.Signal Process., vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 2799–2803, Nov. 1992.
7. M. D. Meyer and D. P. Agrawal,? A high sampling rate delayed LMS filter architecture, IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II, Analog Digital Signal Process., vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 727–729, Nov. 1993.
8. S. Ramanathan and V.Visvanathan, ?A systolic architecture for LMS adaptive filtering with minimal adaptation delay, in Proc.Int. Conf. Very Large Scale Integr. (VLSI) Design, Jan. 1996,pp. 286–289.
9. Y.Yi.R.Woods, L.K.Ting, and C.F.N.Cowan,? High speed FPGA-based implementations of delayed-LMS filters, J. Very LargeScale Integr. (VLSI) Signal Process., vol. 39, nos. 1–2, pp. 113–131,Jan. 2005.
Adaptive, Filter, Distributed, Arithmetic, LMS.