Contrivance of Jamming Technology in Eliminating Landmines by Pursuit of Automation with the Aid of i-Amt Robot
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2015 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : M.P.Girish, M.Ashwin, C.Varun, Bhuvaneswaran.P
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V30P261|
M.P.Girish, M.Ashwin, C.Varun, Bhuvaneswaran.P"Contrivance of Jamming Technology in Eliminating Landmines by Pursuit of Automation with the Aid of i-Amt Robot", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V30(7),327-332 December 2015. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
For several centuries there has been a widespread concern for the safety of soldiers who serve the nation and civilians too. Each and every year the number of soldiers we are losing because of these venturesome land mines is exceptionally high, which still need to be taken care of. Even though there are many technological developments in mine detection by application of robots, properly established methods for demining of landmines haven’t come up. In order to save the lives of soldiers by effective detection and elimination of the land mines, we are introducing jamming technology in robots. This technology makes use of coffee granules upon application of Positive pressure. This technology along with bio-mimicry of a human arm is an enhancement. We describe the mechanical design and implementation of this gripper and quantify its performance in the robot designed by us termed as i-AMT (All terrain Mine Terminator). We have made use of the infrared sensor, ultrasound sensor which increases the ability and consummate this robot’s effectiveness in detection along with jamming technology helps in potential termination of the land mines and thus help in saving the soldiers life.
1. Bicci and V. Kumar, ?Robotic grasping and contact: A review, in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. Autom., Apr., 2000, pp. 348–353.
2. A. M. Dollar and R. D. Howe, ?Simple, robust autonomous grasping in unstructured environments, in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. Autom., Apr. 2007, pp. 4693–4700.
3. M. C. Carrozza, C. Suppo, F. Sebastiani, B. Massa, F. Vecchi, R. Lazzarini, M. R. Cutkosky, and P. Dario, ?The SPRING hand: Development of a selfadaptive prosthesis for restoring natural grasping, Auton. Robots, vol. 16, pp. 125–141, Mar. 2004.
4. John R. Amend, Eric Brown,Nicholas Rodenberg, Heinrich M. Jaeger, and Hod Lipson, ?A Positive Pressure Universal Gripper Based on the Jamming of Granular Material IEEE Transactions on Robotics.
5. W. Townsend, ?The BarrettHand grasper—Programmably flexible part handling and assembly, Ind. Robot, vol. 27, pp. 181–188, 2000.
6. D. C. Simpson, ?Gripping surfaces for artificial hands, Hand, vol. 3, pp. 12–14, Feb. 1971.
7. T. Laliberte, L. Birglen, and C. Gosselin, ?Underactuation in robotic grasp- ´ ing hands, Mach. Intell. Robot. Control, vol. 4, pp. 1–11, Sep. 2002.
8. L. Kempen, M. Kaczmarec, H. Sahli, and J. Cornelis, ?Dynamic Infrared Image Sequence Analysis for Anti Personnel Mine Detection, in Proceedings IEEE Benelux Signal Processing Chapter, Signal Processing Symposium, pp. 215-218, Mar. 1998.
9. P. Verlinde, M. Acheroy, and Y. Baudoin. ?The Belgian Humanitarian Demining Project (HUDEM) and the European Research Context, in Proceedings Chiba University Workshop on Humanitarian Demining, Apr. 2001.
10. L. Kempen, A. Katarzin, Y. Pizurion, C. Corneli, and H. Sahli, ?Digital Signal/Image Processing for Mine Detection, Part 2: Ground based Approach, in Proceedings Euro Conference on Sensor Systems and Signal Processing Techniques applied to the Detection of Mines and Unexploded Ordnance, pp. 54-59, Oct. 1999.
11. M. Acheroy, M. Piette, Y. Baudoin, and J. Salmon, ?Belgian Project on Humanitarian Demining (HUDEM) Sensor Design and Signal Processing Aspects, Jul. 2000
12. ?Hidden Killers 1998: The Global Landmine Crisis, US Department of State, Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Office of Humanitarian Demining Programs, Sep. 1998.
13. C. Bruschini and B. Gros, ?A Survey of Current Sensor Technology Research for the Detection of Landmines, in Proceedings the International Workshop on Sustainable Humanitarian Demining, vol. 6, pp. 18-27, Sep. 1997.
14. Ankit Tiwari, Mohan Gautam, Sanjeev Sharma, Krishan Mura, Automatic Infra-red Sensing System, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 27 Number 5 - September 2015
15. Kanu Priya Sood, Saloni Singla, ?Energy Aware Swarm Intelligence Approach for Route Selection with Multi hopping in Wireless Sensor Network,International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 26 Number 5- August 2015
16. Vishal Garg , Mukul Jhamb, ?A Review of Wireless Sensor Network on Localization Techniques, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) - Volume4Issue4- April 2013
i-AMD, jamming, coffee granules and sensors.