Optimization in Tube Bundels of Air cooled Heat Exchanger Analysis with HTRI Software
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2015 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : Dr.P K Panday, Pritam Singh Patel
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V30P266|
Dr.P K Panday, Pritam Singh Patel"Optimization in Tube Bundels of Air cooled Heat Exchanger Analysis with HTRI Software", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V30(7),356-359 December 2015. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Considering the fact that the standby fan also contributes in heat transfer we analyze the heat exchanger in three different fan conditions. They are as follows: 1. Two fans working and one standby( as commonly used in industries), 2. All three fans remain off condition, so, only natural convection is possible, 3. Two fans are working, which transfers heat through forced convection and also include natural convection through one fan off. Then with the help of HTRI (Heat transfer research Inc.) software we analyze performance of all the three conditions and conclude that the number of tube bundles can reduce for same amount of heat transfer. This results in reduction of cost and weight of the heat exchanger.
1. M. McGEE : - Engineer, engineering application, received
his BS in chemical engineering from Texas A&M
University, college station, Texas, USA.
2. Briggs, D. E., Young, E. H:- 1963 “Convection Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop of Air Flowing Across Triangular Pitch of Tubes,” Chemical Engineering Progress Symposium Series, Volume 59, No. 41,
3. Gardner, K. A:- 1945 “Efficiency of Extended Surfaces,” Trans ASME, Volume 67, , pp. 621-631.
4. A. Ganguli 1986:-Airflow Problems in Forced Draft Air- Cooled Heat Exchangers.
5. R. S. Kistler 1994; - Predicting Fans-Off Operation of Air- Cooled Heat Exchangers.
6. Monroe, R.C., “Minimizing Fan Energy Costs,” Chemical Engineering, May 27, 1985, p. 141.
Air cooled heat exchanger, Fan, tube bundles, HTRI Software, carbon steel tubes.