Exploration of PTS Technique for PAPR Reduction in OFDM
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2016 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : Prajakta Shedashale, Dr.V.V.Patil
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V31P215|
Prajakta Shedashale, Dr.V.V.Patil"Exploration of PTS Technique for PAPR Reduction in OFDM", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V31(2),78-82 January 2016. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
OFDM is an attractive modulation technique for transmitting large amounts of digital data over radio waves. One major disadvantage of OFDM is that the time domain OFDM signal which is a sum of several sinusoids leads to high peak to average power ratio (PAPR). Number of techniques have been proposed for reducing the PAPR in OFDM systems. In this paper the PTS techniques proposed for reducing the PAPR and the selection criteria for choosing these techniques have been discussed.
1. Mamdouh Gouda, Khaled Ali Shehata, Mohamed Hussien “PAPR Reduction Performance for LTE OFDM Systems with Different Techniques” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2013.
2. Tao Jiang and Yiyan Wu, “An Overview: Peak-to-Average Power Ratio Reduction Techniques for OFDM Signals” IEEE Transactions On Broadcasting, vol. 54, pp. 257-268, No. 2, June 2008
3. Han, S. H. and J. H. Lee, “An overview of peak-to-average power ratio reduction techniques for multicarrier transmission,” IEEE Wireless Communications, 56-65, Apr. 2005.
4. Armstrong, J. “Peak-to-average power reduction for OFDM by repeated clipping and frequency domain filtering,” Electronics Letters, vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 246–247,Feb. 2002.
5. Van Nee R., Prasad R., “OFDM for Wireless Multimedia Communications”, Artech House, 2000.
6. Seung Hee Han,Jae Hong Lee,”An Overview Of Peak-To-Average Power ratio Reduction Techniques For Multicarrier Transmission” IEEE Wireless Communications April 2005.
7. Muller, S. H., Huber, J. B., “OFDM with reduced peak-to-average power ratio by optimum combination of partial transmit sequences”, Electronics Letters,Vol.33, No. 5,pp. 36–69, Feb. 1997.
8. Dipen B. Patel, Niraj Tevar “ PAPR Reduction in the OFDM signal Using Partial Transmit Sequence” International Journal on recent and innovation trends in computing and communication January 2014.
9. Cai Li, Tao Jiang,, Yang Zhou, and Haibo Li “A Novel Constellation Reshaping Method for PAPR Reduction of OFDM Signals” IEEE Transactions On Signal Processing, Vol. 59, No. 6, June 2011.
10. Jung-Chieh Chen “Partial Transmit Sequences for Peak-to-Average Power Ratio Reduction of OFDM Signals With the Cross-Entropy Method” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 16, No. 6, June 2009.
Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing(OFDM), peak to average power ratio(PAPR), partial transmits sequences (PTS), Long term-evolution (LTE)