Residence Time versus Aspect Ratio of Conventional Oil/Water Separators
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2016 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : William E. Odiete, Jonah C. Agunwamba
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V32P203|
William E. Odiete, Jonah C. Agunwamba "Residence Time versus Aspect Ratio of Conventional Oil/Water Separators", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V32(1),16-18 February 2016. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
This research work investigated the variation of the residence time of wastewater in relation to the Aspect ratio of conventional oil/water separators. It was found that the residence time increases as Aspect ratio increases. Thus, residence time varies in direct proportion with the Aspect ratio of conventional oil/water separators.
1) American Petroleum Institute (API). (1990). Management of Water Discharges: Design and Operations of Oil-Water Separators (1st Edition). Washington, D.C.: American Petroleum Institute.
2) Wikimedia. (2015, December 26). Residence time. Retrieved from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residence_time
3) Arthur and Others (2005). Technical Summary of Oil & Gas Produced Water Treatment Technologies. Tulsa, OK: ALL Consulting, LLC.
4) Domkundwar, V. (2014). Environmental Engineering with Intoduction to Global Warming. New Delhi: Dhanpat Rai & Co. Ltd.
5) Fair and Others (1981). Water and Wastewater Engineering. Singapore: Toppan Printing Company Ltd.
6) Skimoil Inc. (2011, April 8). API Oil Water Separator - Steel. Retrieved from Skimoil Inc.: http://www.skimoil.com/api.htm
7) Ultraspin Inc. (2015, October 9). Oily Water Separators. Retrieved from Ultraspin Inc.: http://www.ultraspin.com.au/index.php/learning/tutorials/effi ciency
8) US Environmental Protection Agency. (2005). SPCC Guidance for Regional Inspectors. Washington DC: US Environmental Protection Agency.
9) Wikimedia. (2011, October 19). Wastewater. Retrieved from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wili/Waste_water.
Aspect ratio, residence time.