Remote condition Monitoring Technique of Transformer using single board computer
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2016 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : Bhoopesh Nemichand Chaudhari, Makarand Sudhakar Ballal
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V32P255|
Bhoopesh Nemichand Chaudhari, Makarand Sudhakar Ballal"Remote condition Monitoring Technique of Transformer using single board computer", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V32(6),275-280 February 2016. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
In this paper remote condition monitoring system is developed using single board computer and data acquisition system which senses different parameters and communicated to the remote end using internet. The economical aspect of transformer with remote condition monitoring system which gives necessary information of operating condition is analyzed. The performance of remote condition monitoring system is tested on 16 KVA transformer in the laboratory. Transformers with remote condition monitoring system can be provided maintenance as and when required.
1) Kshira T. Muthanna, Abhinanda Sarkar, Kaushik Das, and Kurt Waldner, “Transformer Insulation Life Assessment”,IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery, Vol.21, No.1,Jan2006.
2) M. K. Pradhan, “Assessment of the Status of Insulation during Thermal Stress Accelerated Experiments on Transformer Prototypes”, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Vol. 13, No. 1; February 2006, pp. 227-237.
3) Jouni K. Pylvänäinen, Kirsi Nousiainen, and Pekka Verho, “Studies to Utilize Loading Guides and ANN for Oil- Immersed Distribution Transformer Condition Monitoring”, IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery, Vol. 22, No. 1, January 2007, pp.201-207.
4) S. M. Strachan, S. Rudd, S. D. J. McArthur, M. D. Judd, S. Meijer and E. Gulski, “Knowledge-Based Diagnosis of Partial Discharges in Power Transformers”, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Vol. 15, No. 1; February 2008,pp.259-268.
5) A. B. Lobo Ribeiro, N. F. Eira, J. M. Sousa, P. T. Guerreiro, and J. R. Salcedo, “Multipoint Fiber-Optic Hot-Spot Sensing Network Integrated Into High Power Transformer for Continuous Monitoring”, IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol.8 no.7, July 2008, pp. 1264 – 1267.
6)A. Shintemirov, W. H. Tang, and Q. H. Wu, “Transformer Core Parameter Identification Using Frequency Response Analysis”, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 46, No. 1; January 2010, pp. 141 – 149.
7) A. Shintemirov, W.H. Tang and Q.H. Wu, “Transformer winding condition assessment using frequency response analysis and evidential reasoning”, IET Electric Power Applications, 2010, Vol. 4, Issue 3, pp. 198–212.
8) Victoria M. Catterson, Stephen D. J. McArthur, and Graham Moss, “Online Conditional Anomaly Detection in Multivariate Data for Transformer Monitoring”, IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery, Vol. 25, No. 4, October 2010, pp. 2556 – 2564.
9)M. Wang and A. J. Vandermaar “Review of condition assessment of power transformers in service”, in IEEE Electrical insulation Magazine, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 12-25, November/December 2002.
10)David Woodcock “Risk-Based Reinvestment-Trends in Upgrading the Aged T&D System”, Energy Pulse, March 12, 2004.
11) Saha T.K. Purkait P., Understanding the impacts of moisture and thermal ageing on transformer`s insulation by dielectric response and molecular weight measurements, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation April 2008, Volume: 15 , Issue: 2 pp: 568 – 582
12)Ragini Agarwal, S V Kulkarni, B K Sahoo, V R Sardeshpande, Raghavendra Deshpande, Online Monitoring of Transformer: A case study.
13)Zhiming Wang, Weichun Ge, Chenggang Wang, Chaoming Zeng, The Applications of Networking of Consumption Data Acquisition System by Combining Broadband Power line Communication and Wireless Communication , Innovative Smart Grid Technologies - Asia (ISGT Asia), April 2012 IEEE.
14)Dharmawan, H.A., Ali, S.A.M. , A Compact Remote Monitoring System for a Three-Phase 10-kVA Energy-Efficient Switchable Distribution Transformer, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement March 2012, Volume: 61, Issue: 3, pp: 618 – 628
15)Bing Li, Songyuan Li, Ling Chen, XushengLi,ShangyongQu, Design and realization of wireless remote image monitoring system based on GSM/GPRS , Third International Forum on Strategic Technologies, 2008. IFOST 2008, pp: 260 – 263.
Transformers with remote condition monitoring system can be provided maintenance as and when required.