An Intelligent Door System using Raspberry Pi and Amazon Web Services IoT
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2016 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : S. Nazeem Basha, Dr. S.A.K. Jilani, Mr.S. Arun
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V33P217|
S. Nazeem Basha, Dr. S.A.K. Jilani, Mr.S. Arun"An Intelligent Door System using Raspberry Pi and Amazon Web Services IoT", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V33(2),84-89 March 2016. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
In this paper, we are demonstrating an i ntelligent door system using Internet of Things, which notifies intrusion by sending out email notification to the owner. It logs all the intrusion d ata into google spreadsheet of owner’s google drive account. ADXL345 accelerometer detects the change in motion of the door and raspberry pi to read sensor intrusion data and to communicate to t he Amazon Web Services Internet of Things(AWS IoT) console. Based on the messages from the AWS IoT console, AWS Simple Notification Service(SNS) will send out email notification to the concerned owner based on the AWS IoT console message. Simultaneously all the intrusion logs are stored int o google spreadsheet by OAuth2.0 protocol to access related google Application program inter face (APIs). Obtaining the accelerometer sensor data is done by using python programming langu age and interface the obtained data on IoT. By successfully performing this system, it can be used as a prototype in stengthening door security in ma ny applications such as bank burglary, home invasions, Ram-raiding, office door bre aching and lock picking. The proposed system provides a break through by utilizing the sensor activity on various applications as it is represente d using Amazon Web Services IoT which is an e merging area of research.
1. “ Embedded System Based Air Pollution Detection in Vehicles ” S. Arun, V. Siva Krishna, J.L Mazher Iqbal in International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computational and Applied Sciences.
2. Yamada, K. and M. Soga, A compact integrated visual motion sensor for ITS applications. Intelligent Transportation Systems, IEEE Transactions on, 2003.
3. Azrina Abd Aziz, Y. Ahmet S¸ekercioglu, Paul Fitzpatrick, and Milosh Ivanovich, “A Survey on Distributed Topology C ontrolTechniques for Extending the Lifetime of Battery Powered Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE communications surveys & tutorials, VOL. 15, NO. 1, FIRST QUARTER 2013
4. Sandborn, P.A.M. and P. Abshire. 2D motion sensor with p rogrammable feature extraction. in Circuits and Systems (ISCA S), 2013 IEEE International Symposium on. 2013.  Kamnik, R., S. Stegel, and M. Munih. Design and Calibration of Three Axial Inertial Motion Sensor. in Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference,2006. EPE-PEMC 2006. 12thInternational. 2006. http: //invensense.com/mems/gyro/documents/RM-MPU- 6000A.pdf.
5.Kosba,Ahmed E., and Moustafa Youssef. "RASID demo: A robust WLAN device-free passive motion detection system. "
6. Dipti Javale, Bharti Dixit ,Pankaj Javale, “Performance evaluation of wireless transmission using embedded system”, IEEE paper, November 26 ,2009.
7. Flavia C. Delicato, Paulo F. Pires, Luci Pirmez, Thais Bat ista“Wireless Sensor Networks as a Service”, 2010 17th IEEE International Conference and Workshops on Engineering of Co mputer-Based systems
8. X.Y. Chen & Z. G. Jin, "Research on key technlogy and ap plications for Internet of Things," Physics Procedia, vol. 33, pp. 561-566, 2012
9. Feng, X. & Laurence, T.Y.. 2012. Internet of Things. Int ernet of Things (2014), retrieved from Microsoft[ONLINE]
Raspberry Pi, Raspbian OS, Amazon Web Services Internet Of Things, AWS SNS cons ole, OAuth2.0 protocol.