Automatic Helmet Detection on Public Roads
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2016 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : Maharsh Desai, Shubham Khandelwal, Lokneesh Singh, Prof. Shilpa Gite
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V35P241|
Maharsh Desai, Shubham Khandelwal, Lokneesh Singh, Prof. Shilpa Gite"Automatic Helmet Detection on Public Roads", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V35(5),185-188 May 2016. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Bike riding is a lot of fun, but accidents happen. People choose motorbikes over car as it is much cheaper to run, easier to park and flexible in traffic. In India more than 37 million people are using two wheelers. Since usage is high, accident percentage of two wheelers are also high compared to four wheelers. Motorcycles have high rate of fatal accidents than four wheelers. The impacts of these accidents are more dangerous when the driver involves in a high speed accident without wearing helmet. It is highly dangerous and can cause severe deaths. So wearing a helmet can reduce these number of accidents and may save the life. This paper aims for avoidance of accidents and develop helmet detection system. We intend to use background subtraction and optical character recognition for fall detection and for helmet detection we use background subtraction and Hough transform descriptor.
1. IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering (IOSR-JECE) e-ISSN: 2278-2834, - ISSN: 2278-8735.Volume 10, Issue 4, Ver. II (Jul - Aug .2015), PP 55-59 www.iosrjournals.org
2. CLEI ELECTRONIC JOURNAL, VOLUME 16, NUMBER 3, PAPER 04, DECEMBER 2013
3. ISSN 2319-2518, No.2, Vol 4, April 2015 4. CLEI ELECTRONIC JOURNAL, VOLUME 16, NUMBER 3, PAPER 04, DECEMBER 2013
5. Face Recognition using Local Binary Patterns (LBP) By Md. Abdur Rahim, Md. Najmul Hossain, Tanzillah Wahid Pabna University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
6. M. Fathy and M. Y. Siyal, Senior Member, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY, VOL. 47, NO. 4, NOVEMBER 1998.
Helmet detection system, fatal, impact, Hough transform descriptor, background subtraction.