A HYBRID BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION ALGORITHM
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2012 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2012|
|Authors : K.Kavitha , Dr.K.Kuppusamy|
K.Kavitha , Dr.K.Kuppusamy. "A HYBRID BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION ALGORITHM". International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT). V3(3):311-319 May-Jun 2012. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
A facial recognition system is a computer based application for automaticall y identifying or verifying a person from a digital image . One of the ways to do this is by comparing the selected facial features from the image and a facial database . Some facial recognition algorithms identify faces by extracting landmarks, or fe atures, from an image of the subject`s face. The accurate face is detected by the position relation of the face and the eyes. A new approach is proposed to improve face recognition in the paper. The face features are extracted using the DCT and EHMM algori thm is used to recognize the face and the eyes. A transform domain approach with HMM for face recognition is presented. DCT transformed vectors of face images are used to train ergodic HMM and later for recognition
1.Jain, A., Bolle, R., a nd Pankanti, S.: . BIOMETRICS: Personal identification in networked society,. 2 nd Printing, Kluwer Academic Publish ers, 1999.
2. Brunelli, R. and Falavigna, D.: "Personal identification using multiple cues," IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence , Vol. 17, No. 10, pp. 955966,1995.
3. [l] R. Chellappa, C.L. Wilson and S.A. Sirohy, ‘Human and Machine R ecognition of Faces: A Survey’ JEEEProceedings, Vol. 83, No. 3, pp. 704 - 740, May 1995.
4. Theme Section - Face and Gesture Recognition, IEEE Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence, Vol.19, No. 5, July 1997.
5. S. Lawarance, C.L. Giles, A.C. Tsoi and A.D. Back, ‘Face Recognition : A Convolutional Neural - Network .Approach’, IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, Vol. 8, NO. 1, pp. 98 - 113, Jan. 19976. F.S. Samaria and S. Young, ‘ HMM - based Architecture for Face Identification’, Image and Vision Computing, Vol. 1 2, NO. 8, pp. 537 - 543,Oct. 1994.
7. F.S. Samaria, ‘ Face Recognition Using Hidden Markov Models’, PhD. Thesis, University of Cam bridge, UK, 1994. 8. S.M. Lucas, ‘Face Recognition with the Continuous n - tuple Classifier’, BMVC97, 1997.
face recognition, DCT,EHMM, Illumination, data generation, E - Voting.