Performance Analysis and Enhancement in IPSec VPN to Reduce Connection Establishment Overhead and Transmission Delay: Part - 1
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2012 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2012|
|Authors : Vishal Sharma , Manish Kalra|
Vishal Sharma , Manish Kalra. "Performance Analysis and Enhancement in IPSec VPN to Reduce Connection Establishment Overhead and Transmission Delay: Part - 1 ". International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT). V3(3):422-430 May-Jun 2012. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
In this paper we are discussing various encryption and authentication algorithms and foreseeing the effect of these algorithms over network performance HMSC - MD5 and AES (authentication encryption) gives the optimum network performance parameter.
1. W. Simpson: “ IP in IP Tunneling” RFC 1853, October 1995
2. Hamzeh K Pall, G Verthein, W , Taarud, J, Little W. and G Zorn : “Point - to - Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)” RFC 2637, July 1999,
3. S. kent and R. Atkinson : “ IP Authentication Hearder”, IETF RFC 2402, 1998
4. Elegancy and M M . Matalgeh “performance analysis of IPsec protocol; Encryption and Authentication” computer communication IEEE 2002,
5. Uyles Black : Internet Security Protocols Pro tecting IP traffic pearson Education Asia 1 st Edition 2001
6. Daniel Clark : “ Vulnerability of IPsec A discussion of possible weakness in IPsec implementation and protocol version 1.3 ” SANS institute 2002
7. Salary and Mate : “ A Special Attack against IPsec ; A discussion of possible weakness in IPsec implementation and protocols Version 1.3 ” SANS institute 2002
8. C. Irvine T Levin E Spyropoulou and B Allen : “ Security As a dimension of quality of service in Active service Environments ” C omputer C ommunication IEE E 2002
9. William C. barker: “Recommendation for the triple Data Encryption Algorithm (TDEA) Block Cipher ” Computer Security and Technology Gaithersburg MD 20899 - 8930, May 2004
10. Hamalainen P . Hannikainen M . Hamalainen T . and Saarinen J . “Data encryption standard” Federal information processing standards ( FIPS) publication 46 - 7, National institute of Standards and Technology ( NIST) USA, 19 9 9.
11. J Galvin, K. McCloghrie an J. Devin : “Date Encryption Algorithm - Modes of Operation”, ANSI X3 1 06 American National Standards Institute, May 19, 1983.
12. J. Neuchâtel, E Barker, L Bass ham William Burr, Morris: “ Working jams foci and Edward Runback Report on the Development of the Advanced Encryption Standard ( AES) ” National Institute of Stan dards an d Technology, October 20 00.
13. E. Bihar and A Shamir : “power analysis of the key scheduling of the ASE Candidates” sapid AES candidate Conference3 printed by the National Institute of standards and technology Gaithersburg, MD pp 115 - 121, march 22 - 23,1999
14. Kama hi N.A turkey al somatic and khalid al Zamia : “P erforma n ce evaluation of three encryption decryption algorithms proceeding of the 46 th IEEE international Midwest symposi um, Vol 1. No.2 pp 790 - 793, December 2003
15. B. S chneier “Description of a new variable Le ngth Key 64 - bit block cipher ( Elbows) Proceedings of fast software Encryption security ” Cambridge University press, pp 191 - 204, 1994
16. Rivest, R . “ MD 5 Digest Algorithm” RFC - 132, April 1992 .
17. Krawczyk H Be ar M and Canetti R, “HMAC; keyed – Hashing for message Authentication”. RFC - 2014 February,1997
18. Secure hash standard, [ FIPS - 180 - 1] NIST, FIPS PUB 18 0 - 1: secure hash standard, apri l , 1995.
19. Cheng P and R glenn: Test cases for HMAC_MD5 and HMAC - SHA - 1rfc 2202, March 1997
IPSec, Transmission, and algorithms