The Analysis of Ground Water Quality Status using Linear Regression Method
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2016 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : Rahane Prashant Bhausaheb, Dr. M. V. Jadhav
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V38P240|
Rahane Prashant Bhausaheb, Dr. M. V. Jadhav"The Analysis of Ground Water Quality Status using Linear Regression Method", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V38(4),223-228 August 2016. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Availability of ground water in Sangamner Taluka is ranging in between 5.5 and 10.25 m below ground level, out of the available ground water sources about 75 % is unfit for drinking purpose. Scenario becomes worse during the summer. Most of the groundwater sources are contaminated due to intensive irrigation and effluent discharge by Sugar Factories in the Pravara river basin. Ground water is depleting day by day leading to increased concentration of contaminant such as TDS, Alkalinity , Hardness , Ca, Mg ,Cl. Rural areas are facing drinking water scarcity due to increased use of available ground water sources for irrigation use and deteriorating water quality due to intensive irrigation, excessive use of fertilizer and other anthropogenic sources. Overall ground water quality scenario is not bright. Looking to situation the samples were collected for the study area from dug well, bore well, hand pump and percolation well during Pre monsoon and Post monsoon period. Collected samples were analyzed by physicchemical method recommended by NEERI. Obtained results were further used for assessing the ground water quality status by using NSFWQI method. Normal statistic of the parameters is computed and tabulated. Moreover, Correlation Coefficient is calculated amongst the all water quality parameters obtained during the analysis. These results are further used for regression analysis. The parameters which are strongly correlated with each other are selected for developing the Regression Equation. The equation thus formed provides the mathematical tool for assessing the Water Quality and to frame the Management Plan accordingly.
1. Chhaya V. Wagh, Sudarshan J. Kokate (2009) ‘Physicochemical
analysis of ground water in pravara area,
district ahmednagar, maharashtra’, Rasayan J.Chem, Vol.2,
2. Puttaswamaiah S,Basanta K. Mishra (2009) ‘Drinking water supply Environmental Problems, Causes, Impacts and Remedies’, – Experiences from Karnataka” J Hum Ecol, pp. 153-161.
3. I. Chenini; 2S. Khemiri (2009) ‘Evaluation of ground water quality using multiple linear regression and structural equation modeling’ , Int. J. Environ. Sci. Tech., pp.509-519.
4. M Ibrahim Bathusha and M K Saseetharan (2010) ‘Assessment of water quality index for ground water of Coimbatore city north zone’ JOURNAL OF APPLIED HYDROLOGY, Vol. XXIII No.1 & 2, 2010, pp. 1 – 11.
5. Ground Water Information Ahmednagar District Maharashtra (2010), ‘Government of India, Ministry of Water Resources’, Central ground Water Board, pp 1-27.
6. M. Samson,G. Swaminathan,(2010) ‘Assessing groundwater quality for potability using a fuzzy logic and gis – a case study of tiruchirappalli city india’ , National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli, S. India,Vol.14, No.2, pp. 58–68
7. Kavita Parmar &Vineeta Parmar (2010) ‘ Evaluation of water quality index for drinking purposes of river Subernarekha in Singhbhum District’ ,Vol, No1,2010.
8. Navneet Kumar & , D.K. Sinhna(2010) ‘Drinking water quality management through correlation studies among various physicochemical parameters’int.l journal of environmental sciences, vol1, pp. 2.
9. G. Udayalaxmi, D. Himabindu (2010) ‘Geochemical evaluation of groundwater quality in selected areas of Hyderabad’, Indian Journal of Science and Technology , Vol. 3 pp. 5
10. V.T. Patil & P. R. Patil (2010) ‘Physicochemical Analysis of Selected Groundwater Samples of Amalner Town in Jalgaon District, Maharashtra, India’ ,E-Journal of Chemistry pp.111-116.
11. Hafsa Sultana Laskar and Susmita Gupta (2011) ‘Water Quality of Jalingachhara and Baluchuri; Streams of District Cachar, Assam, North East India’ Assam University Journal of Science & Technology Biological and Environmental Sciences: ISSN 0975-2773, Vol. 7 Number I, 1-9.
12. K. Sundara Kumar, Gurjeet Singh, Dr. G.V. Rao and S. Chandra Mouli ( 2011) ‘Spatial Distribution and Multiple Linear Regressions Modeling of Ground Water Quality with Geostatistics’ International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 6, Number 24 (2011) pp. 2719-2730.
13. Pandey Devendra, Rathore S.S. (2011) ‘Water Quality Assessment of Bhandara and Gondia Districts of Maharashtra State, India.’ ,Int. J. Res. Chem. Environ. Vol. 1, pp. 114- 118.
14. Li Peiyue, Wu Qian, Wu Jianhua,(2011) ‘Groundwater suitability for drinking and agricultural usage in yinchuan area, china ’ ,Int. journal of environmental sciences vol. 1, pp. 6.
15. Abraham Bairu Gebrehiwot,Nata Tadess(2011) ‘Application of water quality index to assess suitablity of groundwater quality for drinking purposes in Hantebet watershed, Tigray, Northern Ethiopia’ SABB Journal of Food and Agriculture Science ,Vol. 1(1), pp. 22-30,
16. Rajesh kumar and S.S. yadav (2011) ‘Correlation analysis of Ground water quality in and around Shahzad nagar block of Rampur District , Uttar Pradesh, India’ , Int. J. Chem. Sci.: 9(1), pp. 440-447.
17. Sami G. Daraigan , Ahmed S. Wahdain(2011) ‘Linear correlation analysis study of drinking water quality data for AlMukalla City, Hadhramout, Yemen’ , International journal of Environmental Sciences vol. 1, pp.7.
18. Kanade S. B. and Gaikwad V. B.(2011) ‘A Multivariate Statistical Analysis of Bore Well Chemistry Data - Nashik and Niphad Taluka of Maharashtra, India ‘ Universal Journal of Environmental Research and Technology ,Vol. 1, pp. 193- 202.
19. Salma Ebrahimzadeh, Fardin Boustani (2011) ‘Groundwater Quality Assessment of Zarghan Plain. Shiraz, Iran’, 2nd International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, vol.6.
20. Bharti N, Katyal.D(2011) ‘Water quality indices used for surface water vulnerability assessment’ International Journal of Environmental Sciences, Vol 2, No 1,
21. Mangukiya Rupal, Bhattacharya Tanushree and Chakraborty Sukalyan (2012) ‘Quality Characterization of Groundwater using Water Quality Index in Surat city, Gujarat, India’ International Research Journal of Environment Sciences ISSN 2319–1414, Vol. 1(4), 14-23.
22. Piyush Gupta, Surendra Roy (2012) ‘Evaluation of Spatial and Seasonal Variations in Groundwater Quality at Kolar Gold Fields, India’ American Journal of Environmental Engineering 2012, 2(2): 19-30.
23. Sunita R. Dandwate (2012), ‘Study of Physicochemical Parameters of Groundwater Quality of Kopargaon area,Maharastra State, India during Pre-monsoon and Postmonsoon Seasons’, E-Journal of Chemistry pp. 15-20. 24. K. S. Meena, R. K. Gunsaria(2012) ‘The problem of hardness in ground water of deoli tehsil’ ,J. Curr. Chem. Pharm. Science, pp. 50-54.
25. Hemant Pathak,S. N. Limaye (2012) ‘ Assessment of Physico-Chemical Quality of Groundwater in rural area nearby Sagar city, MP, India’ , Pelagia Research Library Advances in Applied Science Research, 2012, pp.555-562.
26. Ijaz Hussain, Muhammad Shakeel, Muhammad Faisal, Zameer Ahmad Soomro, Munawar Hussain, Tajammal Hussain (2014) ‘Distribution of Total Dissolved Solids in Drinking water by Means of Bayesian Kriging and Gaussian Spatial Predictive Process’ Water Qual Expo Health (2014) 6:177–185.
27. Sarala Thambavani D ,Uma Mageswari T.S.R (2014) ‘Numerical Study of Back Propagation Learning Algorithms for Forecasting Water Quality Index’ , INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING SCIENCES & RESEARCH TECHNOLOGY, ISSN: 2277-9655.
28. Biba Jasmine Kaur, M.P. George and Sandeep Mishra (2014) ‘Groundwater Quality and Water Quality Index of Delhi City, India’ World Applied Sciences Journal 32 (5), ISSN 1818-4952, 865-871.
29. M. Suneetha, B. Syama Sundar, K. Ravindhranath (2014- 2015) ‘Ground Water Quality Status with Respect to Fluoride Contamination in Vinukonda Mandal, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh, India and Defluoridation with Activated Carbons’ International Journal of ChemTech Research, CODEN (USA): IJCRGG ISSN: 0974-4290, Vol.7, No.01, pp 93-107.
30. Somphinith Muangthong & Sangam Shrestha (2015) ‘Assessment of surface water quality using multivariate statistical techniques: case study of the Nampong River and Songkhram River, Thailand’ Environ Monit Assess, 187: 548.
31. K.Ambiga, R. AnnaDurai (2016) ‘Models Study for Economical and Social Consequence of the Deterioration of Groundwater Quality by Domestic and Industrial Products’ International Journal of ChemTech Research, CODEN (USA): IJCRGG ISSN: 0974-4290, Vol.9, No.04 pp 731- 737.
The equation thus formed provides the mathematical tool for assessing the Water Quality and to frame the Management Plan accordingly.