Implementation of 16x16bit and 32x32bit Vedic Multiplier using FPGA board
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2016 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : Ms. Ayushi Sharma, Mr. Ajit Singh
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V42P201|
Ms. Ayushi Sharma, Mr. Ajit Singh "Optimization of Sand Casting Process Parameters for 46MnSi4 Alloy Steel Trash Plate Castings Applicable for Roller Stand", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V42(1),1-5 December 2016. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
This paper proposed the implementation of 16x16bit and 32x32bit Vedic Multiplier using modified Ripple Carry Adder, modified Kogge Stone Adder and BRENT KUNG ADDER on Spartan 6 family xc6slx4 -3-tqg144 FPGA and its synthesis using XILINX ISE 14.1 simulator and coding is done using VERILOG HDL. Vedic Mathematics is the ancient system of mathematics which has a unique technique of calculations based on 16 Sutras. The work has proved the efficiency of Urdhva Tiryakbhyam– Vedic method for multiplication which strikes a difference in the actual process of multiplication itself. It enables parallel generation of intermediate products, eliminates unwanted multiplication steps with zeros and scaled to higher bit levels using Karatsuba algorithm with the compatibility to different data types. Urdhva Tiryakbhyam Sutra is most efficient Sutra (Algorithm), giving minimum delay for multiplication of all types of numbers, either small or large.
1. Shilpi Thawait, Jagveer Verma, “FPGA Implementation of Simple and High Speed Vedic Multiplier”, IJETT International Journal of VLSI & Signal Processing (IJETT-IJVSP), Volume 2, Issue 3, May-June 2015.
2. Gundlapalli Nandakishore, K.V. Rajendra Prasad, “FPGA Implementation of 8bit Vedic Multiplier by using Complex Numbers”, Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 4, Issue 5(Version 6), June 2014.
3. Rupa A. Tomaskar, Gopichand D. Khandale,”FPGA Implementation of Complex Multiplier Using Urdhva Tiryakbhyam Sutra of Vedic Mathematics”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Vol. 4, Issue 5(Version 3), May 2014.
4. Mrs.Toni J.Billore, Prof.D.R.Rotake, “FPGA Implementation of High Speed 8bit Vedic Multiplier using Half Adders”, IOSR Journal of VLSI and Signal Processing (IOSR-JVSP), Volume 4, Issue 3, Ver. II (May-Jun. 2014).
5. Sudeep.M.C., Sharath Bimba.M, Mahendra Vucha, “Design and FPGA Implementation of High Speed Vedic Multiplier”, International Journal of Computer Application (IJCA), Volume 90, No.-16, March 2014.
6. Pavan Kumar U.C.S, Saiprasad Goud A, A.Radhika , “FPGA Impleentation of High Speed 8bit Vedic Mulyiplier using Barrel Shifter”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering (IJETAE), Volume 3, Issue 3, March 2013.
7. S R Panigrahi, O P Das, B B Tripathy, T K Dey ,“FPGA Implementation of a 4×4 Vedic Multiplier”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Development (IJER), Volume 7, Issue 1, May 2013.
Kogge Stone Adder, Ripple Carry Adder, BRENT KUNG ADDER, FPGA board, Urdhva Tiryakbhyam, Verilog HDL.