Comparative Study on Strength Properties of Concrete with Different Cementitious Materials
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2016 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : T.Renganathan, A.R.Akiladevi, R.Deby Linsha, Y.Preethy Dharanya
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V42P205|
T.Renganathan, A.R.Akiladevi, R.Deby Linsha, Y.Preethy Dharanya "Comparative Study on Strength Properties of Concrete with Different Cementitious Materials", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V42(1),19-22 December 2016. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Fly ash and Ground Granulated Burnt Slag (GGBS) are chosen mainly as an alternative for cement. In this paper our study is mainly confined to evaluation of changes in both compressive strength and flexural strength in three different mixes of M30 Grade namely i) conventional concrete, ii) concrete made by 50% replacement of cement by GGBS and iii) concrete made by 50% replacement of cement by 20% of Fly Ash and 30% of GGBS . The strength characteristics of the concrete were evaluated by conducting Compressive strength test and Flexural strength test. The compression strength tests were conducted for 7days, 14 days and 28days of curing and flexural strength test were conducted for 28days of curing on a M30 grade concrete. Henceforth we are replacing the OPC by cementitious material like GGBS and fly ash. The test results show that GGBS and FlyAsh concrete have excellent compressive strength and flexural strength and it is suitable for structural applications.
1. A.Palaniappan,S.Vasantha,S.SivaPrakasan,S.Prabhu(2 013) “GGBS as Alternative to OPC in Concrete as an Environment Pollution Reduction Approach” International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT) Volume 2 Issue 6.
2. Isa Yuksel, Turhan Bilir, Omer Ozkan, “Durability of concrete incorporating non ground blast furnace slag and bottom ash as fine aggregate”, science direct, July 2006.
3. Mohammed nadeem, arun D. Pofale, “Experimental investigation of using slag as an alternative to normal Aggregates (coarse and fine) in concrete”, International journal of civil and structural engineering, Volume 3, 2012.
4. Mrs. Veena G. Pathan, et al, “Evaluation of concrete properties using ground granulated blast Furnace slag”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology Vol. 1, Issue 1, (2012) , pp 7179. http://www.ijera.com
5. S.SundarKumar,J.Vasugi,P.S.Ambily and B.H.Bharatkumar(2013) Development and Determination of Mechanical Properties of Fly Ash And Slag Blended Geo Polymer Concrete” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 8.
Properties of Concrete GGBS, FlyAsh, Cementitious materials.