Experimental Study on Properties of Concrete by Using Ceramic Materials
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Aneesh Thankachan, Geethakumari
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V43P269|
Aneesh Thankachan, Geethakumari "Experimental Study on Properties of Concrete by Using Ceramic Materials", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V43(7),404-408 January 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
This paper generalizes the results of study on concrete using ceramic materials as partial replacement for fine and coarse aggregate. The attempt has been made to compare, the 7 days and 28 days compressive strength, splitting tensile strength and flexural strength of ceramic concrete with the normal concrete of M25 grade with maintaining the water cement ratio 0.45. The objective of this study is to develop concrete with good strength, less porous, less capillarity, eco-friendly concrete. For this purpose, the experiment has been carried out on M25 grade of concrete, using ceramic materials as partial replacement in different percentage 0%, 10%, 20%, 30% to the weight of fine and coarse aggregate.
1. T.Subramani , B.Suresh, Experimental Investigation Of Using Ceramic Waste As A Coarse Aggregate Making A Light Weight Concrete, International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM) Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2015 ISSN 2319 – 4847.
2. Fernando Pacheco-Torgal, Said Jalali, Compressive strength and durability properties of ceramic wastes based concrete, Materials and Structures DOI 10.1617/s11527-010-9616-6.
3. Y.Tabak, M.Kara, E.Gunay, S.T.Yildirim, ?.Yilmaz, Ceramic Tile Waste as a Waste Management Solution for Concrete.
4. Amitkumar, D. Raval, Dr.Indrajit, N. Patel, Prof. JayeshkumarPitroda, Ceramic Waste : Effective Replacement Of Cement For Establishing Sustainable Concrete, International Journal of Engineering Trendsand Technology (IJETT) - Volume4 Issue6- June 2013.
5. Juned Ahmad, Meraj Ahmad Khan, Abdullah Anwar, Study of Properties of Concrete with Partial Replacement of Conventional Coarse Aggregate by Ceramic Waste and Fine Aggregate by Stone Dust.
6. Amir Javed, Salman Siddique, Ram Prasad V S, Investigation on ceramic waste and stone dust as aggregate replacement in concrete, International Journal of Engineering Technology, Management and Applied Sciences, March 2015, Volume 3 Special Issue, ISSN 2349-4476.
ceramic concrete, fine aggregate, coarse aggregate,partial replacement, water cement ratio.