Structural Health Monitoring Of Local R.C Bridge Using Global Dynamic Technique Based On Frequency Change
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Swar Imad Hasib, R.K. Pandey
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V44P245|
Swar Imad Hasib, R.K. Pandey "Structural Health Monitoring Of Local R.C Bridge Using Global Dynamic Technique Based On Frequency Change", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V44(5),224-234 February 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
in this study, we concentrate on global health monitoring issues. Global health monitoring has been the traditional tool used to determine the safety of bridges. This technique is based on changed in frequencies and other modal parameters. However, there are several drawbacks of this technique like insensitiveness for initial damage and different frequency changes at same damage level for different location in the structure. In present search work, these drawbacks of global dynamic technique have been improved. For insensitiveness, PZT sensors were used on place of traditional sensors like accelerometer and strain gauge to real data that collected from the site. This real data was compared with analytical data that have been gotten by modelling the bridge with real dimension in analytical software like ANSYS. It was observed that numerical results are in close agreement with the experimental (real) results.
1. Ahmed S. Noman, Farah Deeba, Ashutosh Bagchi, (2009) “Structural Health Monitoring Using Vibration-Based Methods and Statistical Pattern Recognition Techniques”, Concordia University, Montreal.
2. Arvid Hejll, (2007) “Civil Structural Health Monitoring Strategies, Methods and Applications”, Luleå University of Technology.
3. Bisby et al., 2006 “An Introduction to Structural Health” Monitoring, ISIS Canada, www.isiscanada.com.
4. Brownjohn J.M.W., (2007) “Structural Health Monitoring of Civil Infrastructure”, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 365 (1851) 589–622.
5. Moaveni et al., (1999) "Finite Element Anlysis. Theory and Application with ANSYS" Prentice Hall, New Jersey, p.523.
6. OSAMA RAAD RAHIN, (2012) “Structural Health Monitoring Of R.C. Bridge Using Electro-Mechanical Impedance Technique”, Sam Higginbottom Institute Of Agriculture, Technology And Science, Allahabad.
7. Park G. Cudney H.H. and Inman D. J., (2000a) “Impedance-based Health Monitoring of Civil Structure Components”, Journal of Infrastructure System, ASCE, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 153-160.
8. Rama Shanker, Suresh Bhalla, Ashok Gupta and Matta Praveen Kumar, (2011) “Dual Of PZT Patches As Sensors In Global Dynamic And Local Electromechanical Impedance Technique For Structural Health Monitoring”, Journal Of Intelligent, Material Systems And Structures, Vol. 22, No. 16 1841-1856.
9. Stubbs N. and Osegueda R.(1990), “Damage Evaluation in Solids; Modal Analysis:” The International Journal of Analytical and Experimental Modal Analysis, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 67–79.
10. Wang M.L., Heo G. and Satpathi D., (1998) “A Health Monitoring System for Large Stuructural Systems” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 11, No. 9, pp. 713-724.
R.C) Reinforced Concrete, Bridge, Health Monitoring, Global Dynamic Technique, Numerical (ANSYS).