Data Structure Alignment
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Nikeeta R. Patel
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V45P271|
Nikeeta R. Patel "Data Structure Alignment", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V45(7),338-340 March 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
The objective of this paper is to comprehensively study the Data Structure Alignment in order to maximize storage potential and to provide for fast and efficient memory access. Aligning data elements allows the processor to fetch data from memory in an efficient manner and thereby improves performance. Alignment refers to the arrangement of data in memory and deals with the issue of accessing data in chunks of fixed size from the main memory.
1. Knuth, D.E. The Art of Computer Programming, Vol. 1: Fundamental Algorithms. Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass., 1968
2. D. L. Rohrbacher, Advanced computer organization study: Volume I—Basic report; Volume II—Appendices, Apr. 1966.
3. Small Data Structure by Charles Weir, James Noble
4. Horowitz, E., Sahni, S., Rajasekaran, S.: Computer Algorithms/C++. Computer Science Press, New York (1998).
5. Goodrich, M.T., Tamassia, R.: Algorithm Design: Foundations, Analysis,and Internet Examples. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken (2002).
Data Structure Alignment, Data Alignment, Alignment in C, Data Structure Padding.