Enhancement of Productivity through Analysis & Modification of Existing Plant Layout at a Manufacturing Firm
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Priyanka Yadav, Dr Suman Sharma
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V45P296|
Priyanka Yadav, Dr Suman Sharma "Enhancement of Productivity through Analysis & Modification of Existing Plant Layout at a Manufacturing Firm", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V45(10),514-517 March 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
With increasing demand in production, industrial factories must need to increase their potentials in production and effectiveness to compete in markets. Therefore, the way to solve the problem relating to the production is very important. This study of plant layout is done in B. Shankara Sales Organization, Agra which is a piston and piston ring manufacturing company of two and three wheeler vehicle. Throughout the study, the aim is to proposed new layout to this company to increase their productivity. In each workstation the processing time is different and the longest time consumption is workstation will be identified as a bottleneck workstation. The time is taken by stopwatch of each and every machine in the cell. In this study, application of Computer Aided tools is introduced which in this study is ARENA software. The related inputs are going to be simulated with this software. The goal of the thesis is to seek the best layout in terms of increasing productivity rate hence proposed to the company.
1. Vivekanand s Gogi, Rohith D, “Efficiency
Improvement of a Plant Layout”, International Journal of
Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology,
Vol. 3, Issue 4, April 2014, pp. 11203-11209.
2. W. Wiyaratn, A. Watanapa “Improvement Plant Layout Based on Systematic Layout Planning”, IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 1, February 2013, pp. 76-79
3. Parminder Singh, Manjeet Singh, “Optimization of Assembly Line and Plant Layout in a Mass Production Industry-A Literature Survey”, International Journal of Engineering Science Invention, Vol. 4, Issue 4, April 2015, pp. 1- 4.
4. Pramod P. Shewale, Manmath S. Shete, “Improvement in Plant Layout Using Systematic Layout Planning (SLP) for Increased Productivity”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, Vol. 1, Issue 3, April-June 2012, pp. 259-261.
5. Daniel Bäck , Peter Johansson, “A model for effective development of plant layouts and material handling systems”,
6. Sanjeev B. Naik, Dr. Shrikant Kallurkar, “A LITERATURE REVIEW ON EFFICIENT PLANT LAYOUT DESIGN”, International Journal of Industrial Engineering Research and Development (IJIERD), Volume 7, Issue 2, May-August 2016, pp.43–51.
7. Subodh B Patil11, S.S.Kuber2,” PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENT IN PLANT BY USING SYSTEMATIC LAYOUT PLANNING (SLP) - A CASE STUDY OF MEDIUM SCALE”, IJRET: International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Volume: 03 Issue: 04 | Apr-2014.
8. Anucha Watanapa, Phichit Kajondecha, “Analysis Plant Layout Design for Effective Production”, Proceedings of the Multi Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2011 VOL-2, Hong Kong
9. W. Wiyaratn, and A. Watanapa,” Improvement Plant Layout Using Systematic Layout Planning (SLP) for Increased Productivity”, International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering Vol:4, No:12, 2010
10. Abdul-Hamid, Y.T., Kochhar, A.K. and Khan, M.K., 1999, “An analytic hierarchy process approach to the choice of manufacturing plant layout”, Journal of Engineering Manufacture.
Plant layout, Line Balancing and ARENA software.