Designing and Estimation of Twin House
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Sankar.S, Susmithasun.N, Thanga pandiyan.S, Dhanalakshmi.A
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V46P209|
Sankar.S, Susmithasun.N, Thanga pandiyan.S, Dhanalakshmi.A "Designing and Estimation of Twin House", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V46(1),43-50 April 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
In this paper, to designing and estimating a house, it is necessary to do surveying to find out the area for construction which is followed by planning, designing to get reinforcement details, including forecasting the cost of construction by estimation for quantities of the materials those to be known. This paper comprises the effective planning particularly in land use by deciding to make a plan for twin house by avoiding over exploitation of space. The plan of house is represented in this paper by using Auto CAD. In this paper, design part is carried as per codal provision given in IS Code 456:2000, SP-16. All the details which we got from the design is given in the report and also figures which displaying the various detailing regarding the slab, beam, footing design are presented in the report. The Accurate quantities for the concrete and brickwork can be calculated from the layout drawings (plan).For estimating, the central line method is used here for getting relatively accurate cost of construction. The structural system cost is found out and whole result of the project is presented in this paper would be useful for design professionals and quantity surveyors.
1. Akshay Chaudhary, Payal Sachdeva, Maninderpal Singh,“Design and Estimation of Reinforced Building: A Case Study”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE).
2. K.Vamsidhar, R.Gopinath, “Study and Rate Analysis of Escalation in Construction Industry”, ISOR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (ISOR-JMCE)Volume11,Issue2 version (March-April2014)
3. Construction managment: “Preliminary Cost Estimateand Scheduling” of MIT`s Civil and Environmental Engineering Building.
4. Goutam Mondal and Sudhir K Jain,Design of non-structural elements for buildings: A review of codal provisions (Indian Concrete Journal)
5. IS 456:2000: Code of practice for plain and reinforced concrete
6. SP 16 code of practice.
7. Advanced design of reinforced concrete structures(IS456-2000), N.Krishna Raj
8. Design of reinforced concrete structures, S.Ramamurtham.
9. Estimation and costing in Civil Engineering, B.N.Dutta.
10. Manual for the design of reinforced concrete building structures to EC2 (March 2000).
11. David Pratt, “Fundamentals of Construction Estimating”, 1995Delmar Publishing Inc. ISBN 0-8273-6135-1.
12. Robert L. Peurifoy and Garold D. Oberlender, “Estimating Construction Costs”,.1989,McGraw-Hill Inc. ISBN0-07-049740-0.
13. R.S. Means Company, “Site Work & Landscape Cost Data” , Inc. 1997, 17Annual Edition
14. Dr.H.J.Shah and Dr.Sudhir K Jain, “Design Example of a six storey building”, (SSR Journals).
15. Prakrithi Joshi, Bhawana Rana Manger, Prashika Tamang, Dinesh Nabkoty, Tshering Yangden Lachenpai, “Planning and analysisof (G+2) Residential Building using integrated green design concept” (IJETT Journals), volume 33 , number 8 (March 2016).
Twin house, planning, Cost, Design, Estimation.