Production of Indole Acetic Acid by selected Streptomyces spp.
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : A. Anusuya
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V47P221|
A. Anusuya "Production of Indole Acetic Acid by selected Streptomyces spp.", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V47(3),125-131 May 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Seaweeds were collected from Mandapam coastal area at Rameshwaram District. The genus of Gelidiella acerosa seaweeds was used in this study. 9 Streptomyces species were isolated by serial dilution method of 10? dilution. Various biochemical tests were carried out to characterize the species. SEM imaging proved that the morphological characteristics were well in the range of Actinomycetes. The spore morphology was found to be smooth Streptomyces species grown on yeast malt extract medium supplemented with 2mg/ml. L-tryptophan. Optical density was recorded. Tryptophan is a precursor for the production of IAA .Compounds from Streptomyces spp., were extracted with ethyl acetate. They were purified and identified by thin layer chromatography and the Rf value was recorded.
1) Anand Prem T, Bhat AW, shouche YS, Roy U, Siddharth J, Sarma SP (2006). Antimicrobial acivity of marine Bacteria associated with
sponges from the waters offthe coast of south east India.Microbial Res.161:252-262
2) Ahmad R, Mahbob ENM, Noor ZM , Ismail N, Lajis, NH, and Shaari K. Evaluation of antioxidant potential of medicinal plantsm from Malaysian Rubiaceae (subfamily Rubioideae. J. Biotechnol. 9:7948-7954
3) Alireza Dehnad , Lalle Parsa, Rouhollah Bakhshi, Samad Abdi Soofiani and Ahad Mokhtarzadeh (2005).Investigation antibacterial activity of Streptomycetes isolates from soil samples. J.Microbiol Res . 4:1542-1549.
4) Annie Mathew (1995). Studies on anagonistic Streptomyces sp.associated with fish of Veli lake,Kerala.Indian .J.exp.biol.12:32-54.
5) Dhevendaran K Asha G. Nair, Selvakumar D 2011 Occurrence of Sponges Associated Streptomyces and its Antimicrobial Activity. J Fish and Marine Sciences 3 (2):151-158.
6) James Oluoch Nonoh, Wilber L, wande, Daniel, Masiga, Rafi Herrmann, James K. Presnail, Eric Schepers, Matilda Angela Okech, Richard Bagine, Paul Mungai. Isolation and characterization of Streptomyces species with antifungal activity from selected national parks in Kenya African journal of microbiology res .4(9): 856-864.
7) Meera Kumari, Bat-Erdene, Myagmarjav, Birendra Prasad and Madhusudan Choudhary Identification and Characterization Of Antibiotic-Producing Actinomycetes Isolates, American J .Microbiol 4 (1): 24-31.
8) Selvakumar , Dharmaraj S, (2010) Marine Streptomyces as a novel source of bioactive substances. World J .Microbiol Biotec 26
9) ponge–microbe associations and their importance for sponge bioprocess engineering Ronald Osinga 1 , Evelyn Armstrong 2,
10) Mohamed Hemida, Abd-Alla , El-Sayed A, Abdel Hamied M, Rasmey. Indole-3-acetic acid (IAA) production by Streptomyces atrovirens isolated from rhizospheric soil in Egypt J biol and earth science 2013.
11) Kim S, Parthasarathi S, Sathya G, Bupesh R, Durai Samy M, Ram Mohan, Selva Kumar G, Manikandan M, Balakrishnan K, Isolation and Characterization of Antimicrobial Compound from Marine Streptomyces hygroscopicus BDUS 49 . World Journal of Fish and Marine Sciences 4 (3).
12) Philippe Constant1,2, Laurier Poissant2 and Richard Villemur1 Isolation of Streptomyces sp. PCB7, the first microorganism demonstrating high-affinity uptake of tropospheric H2 . The ISME Journal (2008) 2, 1066–1076 & 2008 International Society for Microbial Ecology All rights reserved 1751-7362/08 $32.00.
13) Shulamit Manulis, Hadas Shafrir, Ephraim Epstein, Amnon Lichter, Isaac Barash Biosynthesis of indole-3-acetic acid via the indole- 3-acetamide pathway in Streptomyces spp. Society for General Microbiology 1994 140: 1045-1050.
Seaweed, Gelidiella acerosa, Streptomyces, SEM, IAA, TLC.