Analysis of Howe Roof Truss using Different Rise and Span
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Tejas D. parekh, Disha parmar, Yati tank
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V47P224|
Tejas D. parekh, Disha parmar, Yati tank "Analysis of Howe Roof Truss using Different Rise and Span", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V47(3),146-147 May 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Roof trusses are generally used in industrial buildings. There are many types of truss available for the construction of roof truss. Analysis and design an economical and stable 2D truss for the usage in industrial purpose like storage rooms, workshops, warehouses etc., using STAAD. Pro.Vi8. It follows the method of design steps of steel truss type structures as per the guidelines of IS: 800-2007 and IS: 875-1987 part 1, 2 and 3 codes and certain amount of decision based on engineering judgments / practices and information from past experiences. In the present study, howe type of truss has been taken using various span and rise. Four different spans such as 7m, 14m, 21m and 28m have been taken into consideration. Four rise criteria such as, L/3, L/4 and L/5 are taken. Angle section and Tube section have been compared for particular span and rise. Analysis was done using STAAD- Pro software and various results had been obtained. The safe and economical steel section was decided on the weight obtained of each truss after the analysis.
1. O. Caglayan, E. Yuksel,(2008). “Experimental and finite element investigations on the collapse of a Mero space truss roof structure-a case study’’. IJERT
2. A. Biegus, K. Rykaluk,(2009). “ Collapse of Katowice Fair Building”. IJERT
3. Ichikawa K, Fujioka M, Uemori R, Yoshie A,(2011) “Progress in Thermomechanica Control Process Steel Plates”.International Symposium on the Recent Developments in Plate Steels.
4. P. P. Desai and M. R. Shiyekar (2014) “ Limit Strength Prediction of Light Gauge Steel I Section by Finite Element Method”. Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications.
5. Sunil. M.Hardwani, A.V.Patil (2012) “Study, test and designing of cold formed Section as per AISI code.” Int. Journal of Applied Sciences and Engineering Research
6. F.D. Queiroza , P.C.G.S. Vellascob and D.A. Nethercota (2007) “Finite element modelling of composite beams with full and partial shear connection” Journal of Constructional Steel Research
7. Hitesh K. Dhameliya, Jaiprakash B. Sharma, Yogendra Tandel. “Parametric Studies of Standard 2-D Roof Truss Configuration”.IJETT
8. Togan, Durmaz & Daloglu,” Optimization of roof trusses under snow loads given in Turkish Codes”
9. Anbuchezian .A, Dr. Baskar.G (2013) “Experimental study on cold formed steel purlin sections”. Engineering Science and Technology: An International Journal (ESTIJ)
10. Arthur, J.A. Swaffield(2010). Siphonic roof drainage system analysis utilizing unsteady flow theory, Build. Environ.
Howe truss, Roof truss, Economical, Rise, Span.