Web Crippling Behaviour of Cold-Formed CSection with and Without FRP Wrapping
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : R.Maheswari, K.Soundhirarajan
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V47P238|
R.Maheswari, K.Soundhirarajan "Web Crippling Behaviour of Cold-Formed CSection with and Without FRP Wrapping", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V47(4),230-235 May 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Cold-Form sections are widely employed in steel construction because of their lighter and more economical than traditional Hot- Rolled members. The easy availability and accessible cost of high strength low-alloy steels, weathering steels and Zinc- coated steels have led to members with high/thickness (h/t) ratios, rendering them even more susceptible to local buckling and to another buckling mode called distortional and global. Many studies are going on in local buckling, web crippling etc. In this thesis it is proposed to study the web crippling behaviour of Cold-Form section subjected to various loading conditions like End One-Flange (EOF) loading, End Two-Flange (ETF) loading, Interior Two-Flange (ITF) loading. More over without increasing the thickness of the element it is proposed to use the FRP on web, to reduce the web crippling of Cold-Form sections.
1) Baboo rai and Khan Naushad (2011), „Marble powder
concrete? International Journal of Engineering Sciences
Research-IJESR Vol.03, Issue 02; ISSN: 2230-8504; e-ISSN-
2230-8512, pp. 68.
2) Felixkala.T and Partheeban.P (2010), „Granite powder concrete?, Indian Journal of Science and Technology Vol. 3 pp. 311-317.
3) Bazant (1998) „Experimental investigation ASR Glass powder concrete?, International Journal of Engineering Sciences Research-IJESR Vol. 03, Issue 04; ISSN: 2130- 8506; e-ISSN-2130-8513, pp. 75-79.
4) Belachia.M and Hebhoub.H (2011), „Effects of Recycled aggregates on fresh concrete?, Indian Journal of Science and Technology Vol. 3 pp. 11-19.
5) Goliya,H.S and Mohit Mahajan (2008), „Effects of Glass powder and Pond ash on Concrete strength? International Journal on Design and Manufacturing Technologies, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 76-83.
6) Dali.J.S and Tande.S.N (2012), „Performance of Concrete Containing Mineral Admixtures Subjected to High Temperature? 37th Conference on Our World in Concrete and Structures, Singapore.
7) Darji.A.R and Purohit.B.M (2005), „Study on effect of HPC containing supplementary cementitious materials?, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT) Vol. 2 Issue 5, pp. 45-52.
8) Dhanaraj Mohan Patil Keshav.K and Sangle (2013), „Experimental Investigation of Waste Glass Powder as Partial Replacement of Cement in Concrete?, International Journal of Advanced Technology in Civil Engineering, ISSN: 2231 – 5721, Volume-2, Issue-1, pp. 55-61.
Cold-Formed Steel Section, Web Crippling, EOF, ETF, ITF.