A step toward cryptography having high avalanche effect and PSNR with low cover file size and execution time
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Archana Parihar, Prof. Amit Saxena
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V47P241|
Archana Parihar, Prof. Amit Saxena "A step toward cryptography having high avalanche effect and PSNR with low cover file size and execution time", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V47(5),250-256 May 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Data hiding is now a very potential area of research. Cryptography is a technique that states how you safe your information; it gives surety that your information is only shared with the person who is authenticated for the same. Steganography is a method that helps exchange confidential information such that nobody else can detect the existence of confidential message in any file /image. In almost numerous steganography algorithms, the authors would add a confidential message inmost a cover file without any encryption. But these types of steganography procedures are not secure to the extent that anyone can pull off the confidential message from the cover file. To provide better security, steganography method is used in combination with a cryptographic algorithm so that, even if anyone discovers the existence of confidential information, it is still impossible to understand. This work proposed a new encryption/decryption algorithm/technique and after encrypting the confidential message a new Steganography algorithm is applied to hide that secret message named HAEAPA( High Avalanche effect and PSNR algorithm . This combination provides better security for hiding confidential message and formerly reduces time complexity.
1) Thorsten Holz Frederic Raynal, “Detecting Honeypots and
other suspicious environments,” in Proceedings of IEEE
Workshop on Information Assurance and Security United
States Military Academy, West Point, NY 2005.
2) Abed, Fadhil Salman, and Nada Abdul Aziz Mustafa. "A Proposed Technique for Information Hiding Based on DCT." Int. J. Adv. Comp. Techn. 2.5 (2010): 140-152
3) Nath, Asoke, Sankar Das, and Amlan Chakrabarti. "Data Hiding and Retrieval." Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN), 2010 International Conference on. IEEE, 2010.
4) Nath, Joyshree, and Asoke Nath. "Advanced Steganography Algorithm using encrypted secret message." International journal of advanced computer science and applications 2.3 (2011)
5) Das, Debanjan, et al. "An integrated symmetric key cryptography algorithm using Generalised Modified Vernam Cipher method and DJSA method: DJMNA symmetric key algorithm." Information and Communication Technologies (WICT), 2011 World Congress on. IEEE, 2011.
6) Abed, Fadhil Salman. "A Proposed Encoding and Hiding Text in an Image by using Fractal Image Compression." International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE) 4.01 (2012): 1-13.
7) Niemiec, Marcin, and Lukasz Machowski. "A new symmetric block cipher based on key-dependent S-boxes." Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops (ICUMT), 2012 4th International Congress on. IEEE, 2012.
8) Mathur, Akanksha. "A Research paper: An ASCII value based data encryption algorithm and its comparison with other symmetric data encryption algorithms." International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE) 4.9 (2012): 1650-1657.
9) Dey, Somdip. "SD-AREE: An Advanced Modified Caesar Cipher Method to Exclude Repetition from a Message." International Journal of Information and Network Security (IJINS) 1.2 (2012): 67-76.
10) Ray, Rishav, et al. "A new Challenge of hiding any encrypted secret message inside any Text/ASCII file or in MS word file: RJDA Algorithm." Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT), 2012 International Conference on. IEEE, 2012.
11) Tang, Xing, and Mingsong Chen. "Design and implementation of information hiding system based on RGB." Consumer Electronics, Communications and Networks (CECNet), 2013 3rd International Conference on. IEEE, 2013.
12) Juneja, Mamta, and Parvinder S. Sandhu. "An Improved LSB Based Steganography Technique for RGB Color Images." International Journal of Computer and Communication Engineering 2.4 (2013).
13) Devi, Kshetrimayum Jenita. A Sesure Image Steganography Using LSB Technique and Pseudo Random Encoding Technique. Diss. National Institute of Technology-Rourkela, 2013.
14) Paul, Manas, and Jyotsna Kumar Mandal. "A Novel Symmetric Key Cryptographic Technique at Bit Level Based on Spiral Matrix Concept." arXiv preprint arXiv:1305.0807 (2013).
15) Pandey, Shriya, and Manish Shrivastava. "A Survey on Time Efficient and Secure Data Hiding Algorithm." International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Volume 4, Issue 6, June, 2014.
16) Archana Parihar , Amit saxena “Survey on Digital Data Hiding using steganography” International Journal of Recents Trends in Engineering & Research Volume 3, Issue 3, March , 2017.
Security, Steganography, Encryption, Decryption, Cryptography.