Performance of High Rise Steel Frame with Different Type of Bracing and Without Bracing
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Waghmare A.I, Deshmukh M.M, Pawar M.M
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V47P242|
Waghmare A.I, Deshmukh M.M, Pawar M.M "Performance of High Rise Steel Frame with Different Type of Bracing and Without Bracing", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V47(5),257-262 May 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
during earthquake most of the structure fail due to weak structural design or lack of structural detailing. So there is need of modified building frame which will withstand during natural calamities. In this paper, a Comparative study of high rise steel frame with and without bracing have been carried out on symmetrical plan by considering the gravity loads and lateral load in the form of Earth quake load . A setup of different type of bracing system is introduced to reduce lateral load on structural element. In this study a G+30 Steel frame structure is analysed for zone III as per IS 1893:2002 using STAAD.Pro. The main Parameter considers in this paper to compare the seismic analysis of Steel Structure are Base Shear, Story Displacement, and Time Factor. From the table values it shows that due to bracings in both directions, base shear increases. The displacements at roof level of the building with different bracing style will reduce. Modal time period is also reducing the bracing shows highly effective and economical design of bracing style.
1. Anitha M, Divya K.K. “comparative study on seismic
behavior of steel knee braced frame with eccentric
brass framed.” e-ISSN: 2278-1684,p-ISSN: 2320-334X,
2. Jagadeesh B N, Mahesh Kumar C L, Dr.Prakash M R, Venkatasubbaiah “seismic response of steel structure with concentric bracing system“ ISSN (PRINT): 2395- 7786, (ONLINE):2395-7794, VOLUME-1, ISSUE-2, 2015
3. Shaik Mohammed Javid, Syed Farrukh Anwar” seismic analysis and up gradation of structure using lateral system.” ISSN:2277-9655 (I2OR), PUBLICATION IMPACT FACTOR,3.785 Aug2015
4. Amol V. Gowardhan, Prof. G. D. Dhawale, Prof. N.P.Shende “A review of comparative seismic analysis of steel frame of with and without bracing using software”. ISSN:2321-7758 Vol.3,S2,2015
5. Adithya. M, Swathi rani K.S, Shruthi H K, Dr. Ramesh B.R ”study on effective bracing system for high rise steel structure” ISSN :2348-8352 V2, ISSUE2, February2015.
6. Nitin Bhojkar, Mahesh Bagade” Seismic evaluation of high rise structure by using steel bracing system” ISSN: 2348-7968 V2, ISSUE3, March 2015.
7. Anitha M., Divya K.K “Study on seismic behavior of knee braced steel frames” e-ISSN: 2395-0056, P-ISSN: 2395-0072 V2, ISSUE6, and Sept. 2015.
8. Arjun Mudkondwar, Dr. A. V. Patil “Performance analysis and behavior of steel framed building with reference to variation in bracing system” e-ISSN: 2349- 9745, P-ISSN: 2393-8161 V2, ISSUE4, And April- 2015.
STAAD Pro, Response spectrum analysis, base shear, story displacement, time period.