Design and Analysis of Bumper for Safety using Unconventional Compressorn
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Sai Teja Konda, Sudheer Narla, P.Karthikeyan
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V47P281|
Sai Teja Konda, Sudheer Narla, P.Karthikeyan "Design and Analysis of Bumper for Safety using Unconventional Compressor", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V47(9),495-498 May 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
The main objective of the project is to provide the safety to the vehicle by reconstructing the bumper of the vehicle using unconventional compressor. In this the compressed air is generated from the oscillation of suspension system by unconventional means. The compressed air produced is stored in the air reservoir of 30 liters, which results in producing of pressure of 10 PSI. The compressed air is passed through tubing’s behind the bumper. As a result some of the collision energy produced during collision is absorbed by this reconstructed bumper. The bumper is designed in CATIA modelling software and crash analysis of the bumper is done on LS dyna software which shows the results of energy absorbed during collision, deformation, plastic strain energy and gives the internal energy and kinetic energy graph.
1. Borse S.H., 2Satpute A.G., 3Mude J.M., 4Pokale R.S., 5Prof. Wabale A. D., 6Prof. Bhane A.B in “Air conditioning system using vehicle suspension" on IJRDET (ISSN 2347-6435(Online) Volume 4, Issue 4, April 2015)
2. Borse.s.h, 2015 “Air conditioning system using vehicle suspension” (ISSN 2347-6435(Online) Volume 4, Issue 4, April 2015)
3. Bruce R. Denison, “Advanced Polyolefin Bumper Systems” SAE Transaction, Document Number: 930543.
4. David J. king, “Automotive bumper behavior in low speed impacts” SAE Transaction, Document Number: 930211.
5. Horst Lanzerath, “Crash Simulation of Structural Foam” SAE Transaction Document Number: 2003-01-0328.
6. Javad Marzbanrada, “Design and analysis of an automotive bumper beam in low-speed frontal crashes” School of Automotive Engineering,. 16846-13114, Narmak, Tehran, Iran
7. Kay Ogiyama, “Beam-less bumper system” SAE Transaction. Document Number: 2003-01-0212.
8. Mark N. Bailey, “Automobile Bumper Behavior in Low-Speed Impacts” SAE Transaction, Document Number: 930211.
9. Paul L. Sabol, “A design procedure for thermoplastic bumper” SAE Transaction, Document Number: 870109.
10. rajesh kumar sahu, “Fabrication of a Device Used For Producing Compressed Air Using Vehicle Suspension” ISSN No:2395-0900
11. Rajput, R. K. (2007). A textbook of automobile engineering. Laxmi Publications. p. 410. ISBN 9788170089919.
plastic strain energy and gives the internal energy and kinetic energy graph.