Self Adaptive Firefly Algorithm for Economic Load Dispatch
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Dr. B. Suresh Babu
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V48P220|
Dr. B. Suresh Babu "Self Adaptive Firefly Algorithm for Economic Load Dispatch", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V48(2),110-115 June 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Economic load dispatch (ELD) is an important operational problem of the power system, aiming to minimize the fuel cost. The firefly algorithm (FA), a heuristic numeric optimization algorithm inspired by the behavior of fireflies, appears to be a robust and reliable technique. This paper presents a self adaptive FA for the solution of the ELD problem. The proposed algorithm (PA) is applied to the standard IEEE 14 and 30 bus test systems and the results are presented to demonstrate its effectiveness.
1. Wood. AJ and Woolenberg. BF. (1996). Power generation, operation and control, John Willey and Sons, New York
2. Chowdhury.BH and Rahman. S. (1990). A review of recent advances in economic dispatch, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, 5(4), 1248-1259.
3. Panigrahi. CK, Chattopadhyah. PK, Chakrabarti. RN and Basu. N. (2006). Simulated annealing technique for dynamic economic dispatch, Electric Power Components and Systems, 34(5), 577-586.
4. Adhinarayanan. T and Sydulu. M. (2008). Diretional search genetic algorithm applications to economic dispatch of thermal units, International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics, 9(4), 211-216.
5. He Da-Kuo, Wang Fu-li and Mao Zhi-zhong. (2008). Hybrid genetic algorithm for economic dispatch with value-point effect, Electric Power Systems Research, 78, 626-633.
6. JB. Park, KS. Lee, JR. Shin and KY.Lee. (2005). A particle swarm optimization for economic dispatch with nonsmooth cost function, IEEE Trans Power Syst, 20(1): 34-42.
7. Subbaraj. P, Rengaraj. R, Salivahanan. S and Senthilkumar. TR. (2010) Parallel particle swarm optimisation with modified stochastic acceleration factors for solving large scale economic dispatch problem, Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 32(9), 1014-1023.
8. A.Pereira-Neto, C.Unsihuay and OR.Saavedra. (2005). Efficient evolutionary strategy optimization procedure to solve the nonconvex economic dispatch problem with generator constraints. IEEE Proc Gener Transm Distrib., 152(5): 653-660.
9. X. S. Yang, Nature-Inspired Meta-Heuristic Algorithms, Luniver Press, Beckington, UK, 2008.
10. X. S. Yang. (2009). Firefly algorithms for multimodal optimization, in Proceedings of the Stochastic Algorithms: Foundations and Applications (SAGA ’09), Vol. 5792 of Lecture Notes in Computing Sciences, pp. 178–178, Springer, Sapporo, Japan.
11. Kuldeep Kumar Swarnkar. (2012). Economic load dispatch problem with reduce power loss using firefly algorithm, Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Technology, 1(2): 42-56.
12. K. Vinod Kumar and G. Lakshmi Phani. (2011). Combined economic emission dispatch-pareto optimal front approach, International journal of computer applications, 30(12): 16-21.
13. M. H. Sulaiman, M. W. Mustafa, Z. N. Zakaria, O. Aliman and S. R. Abdul Rahim. Firefly Algorithm Technique for Solving Economic Dispatch Problem, 2012 IEEE International Power Engineering and Optimization Conference (PEOCO2012), Melaka, Malaysia: 6-7 June 2012.
14. K.Chandrasekaran and Sishaj P Simon. (2012). Tuned Fuzzy Adapted Firefly Lambda Algorithm for Solving Unit Commitment Problem, J. Electrical Systems,8(2): 132-150.
15. W.F. Tinney and C.E. Hart. (1967). Power flow solution by Newton’s method, IEEE Trans. PAS-86: 1449-1460. 16. Test Systems Archive, Available at http://www.ee.washington.edu/research/pstca/ (Accessed December 2012).
economic load dispatch, firefly algorithm.