Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Beam Containing Micro Silica and Nano Silica
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Arunbalaji G, Nanthakumar N, Suganya R
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V48P225|
Arunbalaji G, Nanthakumar N, Suganya R "Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Beam Containing Micro Silica and Nano Silica", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V48(3),140-146 June 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Silica fume is the one of the most popular pozzolana, whose addition to concrete mixtures results in lower porosity, permeability and bleeding. The aim of this study is to examine the mechanical properties of cement concrete with and without silica fume and Nano silica particles. The work focused on concrete mixes having a fixed water/binder ratio of 0.53. The percentages of silica fume that replaced cement in this research were: 10% and nano silica added were 0%, 0.5%, 1.0% and 1.5%. Development of mechanical strength indicates that replacement of 10 % micro silica and addition of 0.5% of nano silica as optimal proportion.
1) Ali Behnood, Hasan Ziari (2007), “Effect of silica fume addition and water to cement ratio on the properties of high-strength concrete after exposure to high temperature”.
2) Asrar, N., Malik, A. and Shahreer, A.(1999), “Corrosion protection performance of microsilica added concretes in NaCl and seawater environments”, Construction Building Materials, 13, pp. 213-218.
A. Sadrmomtazi, A. Fasihi , F. Balalaei, A.K. Haghi “Investigation of Mechanical and Physical Properties of Mortars Containing Silica Fume and Nano-Silica”.
3) Bayasi, Z. and Zhou, J. (1993), “Properties of silica fume concrete and mortar”, ACI Materials Journal, 90(4), pp 349-356.
4) Bhanja, S. and Sengupta, B.(2005), “Influence of silica fume on the tensile strength of concrete”, Cement and Concrete Research 35, pp 743-747.
5) Byung- Wan Jo a, Chang-Hyun Kim a, Ghi-ho Tae b, Jong-Bin Park “Characteristics of cement mortar with nano-SiO2 particles”
6) Gonen, T. and Yazicioglu, S. (2006), “The influence of mineral admixtures on the short and long-term performance of concrete”, Building and Environment, 42, pp. 3080-3085
7) Hui Li et al., "Flexural Fatigue performance of concrete containing nano particles for pavement", InternationalJournal of fatigue, Nov. 2006.
8) Abdul Razak, H.S. Wong (2004), “Strength estimation model for high-strength concrete incorporating metakaolin and silica fume”.
concrete compressive strength, flextural strength, water cement ratio line diagram.