A Numerical Study of flow around Hyperloop Pod
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Harish M, Sankaran A, Moses Devaprasanna M, Mageshwaran N
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V48P247|
Harish M, Sankaran A, Moses Devaprasanna M, Mageshwaran N "A Numerical Study of flow around Hyperloop Pod", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V48(5),269-273 June 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Reynolds Averaged Navier Stokes (RANS) CFD simulation have been carried out over Hyperloop pod using Fluent solver with Spallart-Almaras model at Mach numbers 0.6, 0.65, 0.7, 0.75, 0.8 and 0.85. The coefficient of pressure, Shock location, Flow separation, variation of pressure and density have been extracted and compared for all the Mach numbers . The Bow shock formation is observed for all the Mach numbers increases the pressure and decrease the free stream Mach number. The Normal shock is observed over the cylinder region for all Mach number results in increase in pressure.
1. Mohammed Imran, “Hyperloop Technology -The Passenger Transport System “, Vol.4, Issue 3, ©KY Publications: May-june 2016.
2. Ahmed E.Hodaib and Samar F.Abdel Fattah, “Conceptional Design of a Hyperloop Capsule with Linear Induction Propulsion System”, Vol:10, No:5,2016waset.org/Publication/1000423.
3. Mark Sakowski, “The Next Contender in High Speed Transport Elon Musk?s Hyperloop”, © 2016:University of Illinois at Chicago.
4. UPV Team- Hyperloop design report Universitat Polit`ecnica de Val`encia Valencia - January 2016.
5. Nasa Marti- Hyperloop Documentation- Release 2.0- January 03, 2017.
Hyperloop, Magnetic Levitation, shock movement, shock induced pressure rise, flow separation.