Aluminium hybrid metal matrix composites
Mr.Bangarappa.L, Charan B.M, Vinya Kumar G.V, Deep.N.L, Koushik Vattikutti "Aluminium hybrid metal matrix composites", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V48(6),309-315 June 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Silicon carbide-Graphite-Al6061alloy composite having 10 to 20% of silicon carbide and 5 to 10% graphite fibre were fabricated by liquid metallurgy (stir cast) method. The casted composite specimens were machined as per test standards. The specimens were tested to know the characteristics of the Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites (HMMc). Experimental study was carried out to investigate the mechanical properties such as hardness, tensile strength, shear test and impact test. As a result hardness decreases with the increase in the percentage of Gr, tensile strength, and shear test.
1. G.B. Veeresh Kumar, C.S.P. Rao,N. Selvaraj,“Studies on mechanical and dry sliding wear of Al6061–SiC composites,”Elsevier. Composites: Part B 43, pp.1185–1191, August 2011.
2. El-Sabbagh, M. Soliman, M. Taha, H. Palkowski, “Hot rolling behaviour of stir-cast Al 6061 and Al 6082 alloys -SiC fine particulates reinforced composites,” Elsevier. Materials Processing Technology 212, pp.497–508, October 2011.
3. Ahmed M. El-Sabbagh, Mohamed Soliman, Mohamed A. Taha,Heinz Palkowski, “Effect of rolling and heat treatment on tensile behavior of wrought Al-SiCp composites prepared by stir-casting,”Elsevier. Materials Processing Technology 212, pp.1669–1681, May 2013.
4. S. Gopalakrishnan and N. Murugan, “Production and wear characterization of AA 6061 matrix titanium carbide particulate reinforced composite by enhanced stir casting method,” Composites: Part B 43, pp. 302–308, September 2011.
5. J.JebeenMoses, I.Dinaharan, S.JosephSekhar, “characterization of silicon carbide particulate reinforced AA 6061 aluminium alloy composites produced via stir casting,” Procedia Materials Science 5,pp. 106–112, July 2014.
6. Pradeep Sharma, Gulshan Chauhan, Neeraj Sharma, “Production of AMC by stir casting,” Contemporary Practices. Vol. 2, issue 1, pp.23–46, May 2008.
7. Manoj Singla, D. Deepak Dwivedi, Lakhvir Singh, Vikas Chawla,“Development of Aluminium Based Silicon Carbide Particulate Metal Matrix Composite,” JMMCE. Vol. 8, No.6, pp. 455–467,March 2009.
8. David Raja Selvam. J, Robinson Smart. D.S. Dinaharan. I,“Synthesis and characterization of Al6061-Fly Ashp-SiCp,”Elsevier. Energy Procedia 34, 637 – 646, 2013.
Hybrid metal matrix composite (HMMC), stir casting, Al6061, SIC, Graphite, Reinforcement, Hardness, Tensile strength, Compression strength.