Optimization of Mig Welding Process Parameters for Improving Welding Strength of Steel
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : C. Labesh kumar, T. Vanaja, Dr. KGK Murti, VVSH Prasad
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V50P205|
C. Labesh kumar, T. Vanaja, Dr. KGK Murti, VVSH Prasad "Optimization of Mig Welding Process Parameters for Improving Welding Strength of Steel", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V50(1),26-33 August 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
The MIG welding parameters are the most important factors affecting the quality, productivity and cost of welding. These welding parameters are welding current, welding voltage, Gas flow rate, wire feed rate, etc. they influence weld strength, weld pool geometry of Steel material during welding. By using DOE method, the parameters can be optimize and have the best parameters combination for target quality. The analysis from DOE method can give the significance of the parameters which effect change of the quality and strength of product. A plan of experiments based on Taguchi technique will be used to acquire the data. An Orthogonal array, signal to noise (S/N) ratio and analysis of variance (ANOVA) will be employed to study the welding characteristics of material & optimize the welding parameters. The result computed will be in form of contribution from each parameter, through which optimal parameters will be identified for maximum tensile strength.
1. Effect of arc voltage, welding current and welding speed on fatigue life, impact energy and bead penetration of AA6061 joints produced by robotic MIG welding by H.R. Ghazvinloo1, A. Honarbakhsh-Raouf1 and N.Shadfar.
2. A Review on Optimization of MIG Welding Parameters using Taguchi?s DOE Method by Satyaduttsinh P. Chavda1, Jayesh V.Desai, Tushar M.Patel.
3. Effect of Mig welding input process parameters on weld bead geometry on Hsla steel by Mohd. Shoeb Department of Mechanical Engg R.D. Engg. College, Duhai Ghaziabad.
4. Optimization of Mig welding process parameters to predict maximum yield strength in AISI 1040 by Ajit Hooda, Ashwani Dhingra and Satpal Sharma.
5. https://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/global/products/consumable_miggmawwires-superarc-superarcl-56/c4200.pdf 6. Hand book by welding techniques – ESAB
7. Altamer A. de. (1980) „Automatic welding and cladding in heavy fabrication?, Journal of Metallurgical Construction.
8. Cary H. B. (1979) „Modern Welding Technology?. New Jersey. Prentice Hall.
9. Chan B, Pacey J, Bibby M. (1999) „Modeling gas metal arc weld geometry using artificial neural network technology?. Journal Of Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly
10. G. Haragopal, , P V R Ravindra Reddy, G Chandra Mohan Reddy and J V Subrahmanyam, “Parametric design for MIG welding of Al-65032 alloy using Taguchi Technique”, Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research.
11. Amit Kohli and Hari Singh (2011) “Optimization of Processing Parameters in Induction Hardening Using Response Surface Methodology”, Sadhana
12. Faseeulla Khan M D, Dwivedi D K and Satpal Sharma (2012), “Development of Response Surface Model for Tensile Shear Strength of Weld-Bonds of Aluminium Alloy 6061 T651”, Materials and.
MIG welding, steel, Taguchi technique, Tensile strength.