Effect of Phosphogypsum and Fly ash on the CBR and UCS of clayey soil
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Anoop Sharma, Dr. B.S. Walia
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V50P243|
Anoop Sharma, Dr. B.S. Walia "Effect of Phosphogypsum and Fly ash on the CBR and UCS of clayey soil", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V50(5),266-270 August 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
This paper describes the use of Phosphogypsum and Fly Ash for soil stabilization. Modified proctor test, California bearing ratio test and unconfined compression strength test were carried out. The fraction of Phosphogypsum is used in this paper is 1,3,5 and 7 along with fixed value of fly ash 20%. The different percentage were determined which showed considerable enhancement in the strength of treated soil. The maximum value of C.B.R. is at 5% Phosphogypsum and fly ash 20% . additional increase in ratio of Phosphogypsum the C.B.R. value decreases. The maximum value of U.C.S. is also at 5% Phosphogypsum and fly ash 20%. Experiment results show Phosphogypsum and fly ash enhances the strength properties of soil along with use of economical materials and also solves the environment problem.
1. Anil kumar sharma, P.V. Sivallaiah (2016), “Ground granulated blast furnace slag amended fly ash as an expansive soil stabilizer”. Soils and Foundations.
2. Alaa M Rashad,(2015), “Potential use of Phosphogypsum in alkali-activated fly ash under the effects of elevated temperatures and thermal shock cycles”. Journal of Cleaner Production.
3. Bhattacharyya JK, Shekdar AV, Gaikwad SA, (2004), “Recyclability of some major industrial solid wastes”, Journal of Indian Association for Environmental Management, 31, pp.71–75.
4. Cyr M, Aubert JE, Husson B, Clastres P, (2004), “Recycling Waste in Cement Based Materials: a Studying Methodology” In: RILEM Proceedings of the Conference on the Use of Recycled Materials in Building and Structures, Barcelona, Spain, pp. 306-315.
5. Krishnan.K, V.Janani, P.T.Ravichandran, R.Annadurai, Manisha Gunturi,(2014). “Soil Stabilisation Using Phosphogypsum and Flyash”. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology.
6. Hanan Tayibi, Mohamed Choura, Fransico J. Alguacil, (2009), “Environmental impact and management of Phosphogypsum”. Journal of Environmental Management.
7. Nurhayat Degirmenci, (2007), “ The using of waste Phosphogypsum and natural gypsum in adobe stabilization”. Construction and Building materials.
8. Sudong Hua, Kejin Wang, Xiao Yao, Wen Xu, Yuxin He, (2016), “Effects of fibers on mechanical properties and freeze-thaw resistance of Phosphogypsum-slag based cementitious materials”. Construction and Building materials.
9. Weiguo shen, Mingkai Zhou, (2007), “study on Lime-Fly Ash-Phosphogypsum binder”. Construction and Building Materials.
10. Yun Huang, ZongShou, (2010), “ Lin Investigation on phosphogypsum–steel slag–granulated blast-furnace slag–limestone cement”. Construction and Building Materials.
Fly Ash, Phosphogysum, Modified Proctor Twqest, UCS, CBR.