Compressive Strength of Binary and Ternary Concrete made with OPC 53-S
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : R. Muni naik, N. Ramakrishna, Prof. A.S. Rao
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V50P246|
R. Muni naik, N. Ramakrishna, Prof. A.S. Rao "Compressive Strength of Binary and Ternary Concrete made with OPC 53-S", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V50(5),280-286 August 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS) and Fly Ash are chosen mainly due to the durability and its cost effectiveness. Further environment pollution can also be decreased to some extent as the emissions of like carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide are considerably less. In this Paper the study is confined to evaluation of changes in compressive strength both GGBS and Fly Ash concrete with M40 Grade using special grade cement 53-S Four mixes by replacing cement content of0%, 20%, 30%, 40% with GGBS, Four mixes by replacing 0%, 20%, 30%, 40% cement content with Fly Ash (class C), and considered in the study three mixes using GGBS and Fly Ashwithout cement content viz(G25+F15)%, (G20+F20)%, (G15+F25)% one mix with only cement content(G0+F0)% was also done for compaction. The compressive strength tests are conducted on specimens cured for 7,28,56,91 days.
1. Alvin Harison and vikassrivastava et.al arpan Herbert “Effect of fly ash on compressive strength of Portland pozzolana cement concrete” Journal of academia and industrial research(JAIR) Vol-2, Issue-8 January 2014, ISSN:2278-5213
2. A.H.L.Swaroop and K.Venkateswararaoet.al Prof P Kodandaramarao“durability studies on concrete with fly ash &Ggbs”international journal of en gineering research and applications (IJERA) ISSN:2248-9622 Vol.3, Issue 4, Jul-Aug 2013, PP.285-289
3. D.Audinarayana and P.sarika et.al Dr.seshadrisekhar ‘‘Studies on compressive strength of ternary blended concrete at different water binder ratios?? American journal of engineering research(AJER)e-ISSN:2320-0847 p-ISSN:2320-0936 Volume-02,Issue-09,PP-37-45
4. K.V.Pratap and M.Bhasker et.al P.S.S.R.Teja“Triple Blending of cement concrete with fly ash and groundgranulated blast furnace slag”international journal of education and applied research (IJEAR) Vol.4, Issue Spl-2, Jan-June 2014 ISSN:2348-0033
5. VinayakAwasare and Prof. M. V. Nagendra“Analysis of Strength Characteristics of GGBS Concrete” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology E-ISSN 0976-3945
6. Arivalagan .s ( 2014) “sustainable studies on concretes with GGBS as a replacement material in cement” Jordan journal of civil engineering , volume 8, NO .3, 2014
7. SuvarnaLatha.k and Seshagiri Rao. M et.al SrinivasaReddy.V. (2012) “Estimation of GGBS and HVFA Strength Efficiencies in concrete with Age. International Journal of engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT) ISSN: 2249-8958, volume 2, Issue-2, December 2012.
8. Prof JayeshkumarPitroda and Dr.F.S.Umrigar, „Experimental investigations on partial replacement of cement with fly ash in design mix concrete?, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology., Vol. 3, pp.126-129. (2012)
9. VenuMalagavelli “high performances concrete with GGBS and ROBO sand”International journal of engineering science and technology vol.2 (10), 2010, 5107-5113.
10. Mahesh Patel Prof. P. S. Rao and T. N. Patel “Experimental investigationon strengthof high performances concrete with GGBS and Crusher sand.”
11. Muntadher Ali Challoob and VikasSrivastava, „Effect of Fly Ash and Steel Fibre on Portland Pozzolana Cement Concrete?, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology, vol.5, pp. 144-147,Nov-2013.
12. M. S. Shetty Concrete Technology and S.Chand& Company Ltd., 2005, New Delhi.
13. Mr. Bennet Jose Mathew and Mr. M Sudhakar et.al Dr. C Natarajan (2013) Strength, Economic and Sustainability Characteristics of Coal Ash –GGBS Based Geopolymer Concrete, International Journal Of Computational Engineering Research (ijceronline.com) Vol. 3 Issue. 1
14. IS 383-1970 Specification for coarse and fine aggregates from natural sources for concrete.
15. IS456-2000 plain and reinforced concrete code of practice.
16. IS 10262 -2009Guidelines for concrete mix design proportioning [CED 2: Cement and Concrete.
17. IS(12269-1987) 53 grade ordinary Portland cement.
18. IS 12089-1987Specification for granulated slag for the manufacture of Portland slag cement
19. IS 3812-1981 Specification for fly ash for use as pozzolana and admixture
20. IS 1727-1967Methods of test for pozzolanic materials
21. IS516-1959Methods of test for strength of concrete
GGBS, Fly Ash, Compressive Strength, Special cement, Concrete.