Automatic Amharic Text Summarization using NLP Parser
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2017 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Getahun Tadesse Mekuria, Aniket S. Jagtap
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V53P210|
Getahun Tadesse Mekuria, Aniket S. Jagtap "Automatic Amharic Text Summarization using NLP Parser", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V53(1),52-58 November 2017. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
The proposed system investigates the problem of building the domain based single and multiple document Amharic text summarization. Multi-document summarization is the main task in natural language processing and summarizing a huge text document into a short and precise format from multiple documents. Multi-document summarization targets to condense the most important information from a set of documents to produce a short summary. Multi-document summarization is also an integral tool for document understanding and well interpreting in the existing system of text summarization. But single text document summarization has been done from a single text document only. Text summarization can be done based on its input, purpose, and output. In the existing system, most research has been done on extractive single document summarization, but now we propose the new system that solves the existing problem by developing the combinations of extractive and abstractive summarization approach on a single as well as multiple document input from the user. To solve such existing problem by using Java programming language for their flexibility and it has a powerful library Java universal network graphic for text summary. PageRank algorithm plays a great role in finding out their sentence score and its weights of a sentence in the document. The proposed model summarizes only text document but in the future, develop text summarization model for all types of document including graph, image, picture, video and other form in addition to the text document.
1. Changjian Fang a, Dejun Mu a, Zhenghong Denga, Zhiang Wub,?. Word-sentence co-ranking for automatic extractive text summarization, Expert Systems With Applications 72 (2017) 189–195.
2. Fang, C., Mu, D., Deng, Z., & Wu, Z. (2017). Wordsentence co-ranking for automatic extractive text summarization. Expert Systems with Applications, 72, 189- 195.
3. Geetha JK. Kannada Text Summarization Using Latent Semantic Analysis,2015 IEEE.
4. Goldstein, J., Kantrowitz, M., Mittal, V., & Carbonell, J. (1999, August). Summarizing text documents: sentence selection and evaluation metrics. In Proceedings of the 22nd annual international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval (pp. 121-128). ACM.
5. Hongjie Chen. Modelling Latent Topics and Temporal Distance for Story Segmentation of Broadcast News, VOL. X, NO. X, MONTH YEAR, 2016.
6. Kai Li. Structuring Lecture Videos by Automatic Projection Screen Localization and Analysis, VOL. 37, NO. 6, JUNE 2015.
7. Kanapala, A., Pal, S., & Pamula, R. (2017). Text summarization from legal documents: a survey. Artificial Intelligence Review, 1-32.
8. Patel, S. M., Dabhi, V. K., & Prajapati, H. B. (2017). Extractive Based Automatic Text Summarization. JCP, 12(6), 550-563.
9. R. Abbasi-ghalehtaki, et al., Fuzzy evolutionary cellular learning automata model for text summarization, Swarm and Evolutionary Computation (2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.swevo.2016.03.004.
10. Shagan Sha, et al. Semantic Text summarization of Long Video,2017 IEEE Winter conference on applications of computer vision.
11. Sunitha, C., Jaya, A., & Ganesh, A. (2016). A Study on Abstractive Summarization Techniques in Indian Languages. Procedia Computer Science, 87, 25-31.
12. Tayal, M. A., Raghuwanshi, M. M., & Malik, L. G. (2017). ATSC: Development of an approach based on soft computing for text summarization. Computer Speech & Language, 41, 214-235.
13. Vinay Kumar Jain et al. Extraction of emotions from multilingual text using intelligent text processing and computational linguistics, a journal of computational science 21(2017)316-326 Elsevier.
14. Yang, Y., & Pedersen, J. O. (1997, July). A comparative study on feature selection in text categorization. In Icml (Vol. 97, pp. 412-420).
15. Yirdaw, E. D. (2011). Topic-based Amharic Text Summarization. Master`s thesis, Faculty of Computer and Mathematical Science, Addis Ababa University.
16. Yirdaw, E. D., & Ejigu, D. (2012, October). Topicbased Amharic text summarization with probabilistic latent semantic analysis. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems (pp. 8-15). ACM.
17. Yousefi-Azar, M., & Hamey, L. (2017). Text summarization using unsupervised deep learning. Expert Systems with Applications, 68, 93-105.
18. Yogesh Kumar Meenaa.*, Dinesh Gopalanib. Domain Independent Framework for Automatic Text Summarization, 2015.
JUNG, Amharic Text summary, Abstractive, Extractive summarization, Domainbased summarization, MDS, AATS, JAMA.