Heat Transfer Enhancement in Automobile Radiator Using Nanofluids: A Review
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2018 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2018|
|Authors : Naman Jinsiwale, Prof. Vishal Achwal
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V55P214|
Naman Jinsiwale, Prof. Vishal Achwal "Heat Transfer Enhancement in Automobile Radiator Using Nanofluids: A Review", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V55(2),68-74 January 2018. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
In today’s world one of the most important tasks is to handle the energy available and to minimize the heat losses. Talking about the automobile sector, engine is the prime energy source. Cooling system in any automobile system is of utmost importance as it carries the heat from the engine and dispenses it to the atmosphere. It also enhances the fuel economy and heat transfer rate which in turn helps in maximizing the engine performance.
1. Rahul A. Bhogare, B. S. Kothawale “Performance investigation of automobile radiator operated with Al2O3 operated nanofluid”, May- Jun. 2014, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), Volume 11, Issue 3 pp:23-30.
2. Golakiya Satyamkumar, Sarvaiya Brijrajsinh, Makwana Sulay,Thumar Ankur, Rathwa Manoj “Analysis of radiator with different types of nanofluids”, Jan.-March, 2015, Journal of Engineering Research and Studies, Vol. VI Issue I pp:1-2.
3. J.R. Patel, A.M. Mavani, “Effect of nanofluids and mass flow rate of air on heat transfer rate in automobile radiator by CFD analysis”, Jun-2014, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Volume: 03 Issue: 06 pp:25-30.
4. Parashurama M S, Dr. Dhananjaya D A, Naveena Kumar R R: “Experimental study of heat transfer in radiator using nano fluids”, 2015, International Journal of Engineering Development and Research, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp:307-311.
5. Navid Bozorgan, Komalangan Krishnakumar, Nariman Bozorgan, “Numerical study on application of CuO –Water nanofluid in automotive diesel engine radiator”, Modern Mechanical Engineering, 2012, 2, 130-136.
6. JP Yadav and Bharat Raj Singh “Study on performance evaluation of automotive radiator”.
7. V. L. Bhimani, Dr. P. P. Rathod, Prof. A. S. Sorathiya, “Experimental study of heat transfer enhancement using water based nanofluid as a new coolant for car radiator”, june 2013, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 6, pp: 295-3-2.
8. Hardikkumar B Patel, Deepu Dinesan “Performance analysis of an automotive radiator using CFG”, May 2015, International Journal for Innovative Research in Science & Technology, Volume 1 Issue 12, pp:318-322.
9. S.P. Venkatesan*. Joshua Mathew, Jithin Alex Melel, “Improving The Heat Removal Rate Using Nano Particle Mixed Coolant In Radiator”, 2015, National Conference On Recent Trends And Developments In Sustainable Green Technologies, JCHPS Special Issue 7, pp:351-354.
10. P.K.Trivedi1 , N.B.Vasava2, “Study of the Effect of Mass flow Rate of Air on Heat Transfer Rate in automobile radiator by CFD simulation using CFX”, August – 2012 International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 1 Issue 6, pp:1-4.
11. P. Sai Sasank, V. Govinda Naik, “Experimental Studies on Automotive Radiator Performance using Water and Al2O3 Nanofluid” September- 2014, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 3 Issue 9, pp:1347-1350.
12. Archit Deshpande, Viraj Patil, Rohit Patil, “Experimental Analysis of Automobile Radiator using MWCNT-Water Nanofluid”, November- 2016, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 5 Issue 11, pp:97-101.
13. Aditya Choure, Ravibala Patil, kishor Dolare, “Performance Investigation Of Automobile Radiator Using Al2O3 As Base Nanofluid” Jun.- 2016 International Journal of Mechanical And Production Engineering, ISSN: 2320-2092 Volume- 4, Issue-6, pp:159-162.
14. Murat Unverdi 1, Yasar Islamoglu 2, “Effect Of Al2O3 Nanomaterials On Convection Heat Transfer Enhancement In A Plate Heat Exchanger Channel”, 2016 , Scientific Proceedings Xiii International Congress "Machines. Technol?gies. Materials, Winter Session pp:33-37.
15. Mohammad Hemmat Esfe , Masoud Afrand , Arash Karimipour , Wei-Mon Yan, Nima Sina, ” An experimental study on thermal conductivity of MgO nanoparticles suspended in a binary mixture of water and ethylene glycol”, 2015, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, pp:173-175.
16. Krishna Mundada* 1 ,Kulkarni Durvesh *2,Harsha Malbari*3, “The Comparative Study of Heat Transfer Enhancement of Automobile Radiator (Car) using Different Nanofluids”, 2017, International Conference on Ideas, Impact and Innovation in Mechanical Engineering, Volume: 5 Issue: 6 pp:840-846.
17. Dr. M K Chopra1, Ramjee Singh Prajapati2, “Thermal Performance Analysis Of Cross-Flow Unmixed-Unmixed Heat Exchanger By The Variation Of Inlet Condition Of Hot Fluid”, January 2014, International Refereed Journal of Engineering and Science (IRJES), Volume 3, Issue 1,pp: 29-31.
18. V.Niveditha1, Dr. S. Sunil Kumar Reddy2 “Thermal Analysis Of Radiator With Different NanoFluids”, September 2016, International Journal For Research In Applied Science & Engineering Technology (IJRASET), Volume 4 Issue IX, Pp:143-148.
19. Dr.Syed Amjad Ahmad1, M. Naheed Javed2, M. Zahid Saeed3, Hashaam Syed4, M. Awais Aslam5 “ Experimental Investigation Of Plate Heat Exchanger Using Nanofluids”, Oct-2016, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) , Volume: 03 Issue: 10, pp:28- 34.
20. Rashmi Rekha Sahoo, P. Ghosh And Jahar Sarkar , “Coolants Performance In Louvered Fin Tube Automotive Radiator”, 2015, Journal Of Material Science And Mechanical Engineering (JMSME) Volume 2, Number 2, pp:143-148.
21. D.Srinivasu, D.Santharao, A.Ramakrishna, “Cfd Analysis To Predict Heat Transfer Performance Of Louver Fin Radiator With Water/Eg & Al2O3 Nano Fluid”, February-2016, International Journal Of Science Engineering And Advance Technology, Vol. 4, Issue 2 pp:159-164.
22. P.Prasad1, L.S.V Prasad2 “Cfd Analysis On Louvered Fin”, Jan -2017 International Research Journal Of Engineering And Technology (Irjet), Volume: 04 Issue: 01 pp:1458-1462.
23. Jahar Sarkar and Rahul Tarodiya, “Performance analysis of louvered fin tube automotive radiator using nanofluids as coolants”, January 2013, International Journal of Nanomanufacturing Vol. 9, No. 1,pg:51-65.
24. Modeling & Analysis Of Louvered Fin Radiator With Nanofluids Using Cfd September - 2017 International Journal Of Advance Engineering And Research Development Volume 4, Issue 9, pg:26-33.
25. . Nguyen, C. T., Roy, G., Gauthier, C., Galanis, N., “Heat transfer enhancement using Al2O3-water nanofluid for an electronic liquid cooling system”, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 27, 2007, pp. 1501-1506.
26. Bhogare, R. A., Kothawale, B. S.,“A Review on applications and challenges of Nano-fluids as coolant in Automobile Radiator”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Vol. 3, Issue 8, 2013, pp. 435 441.
27. Yu, W., Xie, H., Chen, L., Li, Y.,“Investigation of thermal conductivity and viscosity of ethylene glycol based ZnO nanofluid”, Thermochimica Acta 491, 2009, pp. 92-96.
28. Naraki, M., Peyghambarzadeh, S. M., Hashemabadi, S. H., Vermahmoudi, Y.,“Parametric study of overall heat transfer coefficient of CuO/water nanofluids in a car radiator”, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Vol. 66, 2013, pp. 82-90.
29. Eastman, J. A., Choi, S. U. S., Li, S., Yu, W., Thompson, L. J.,“Anomalously increased effective thermal conductivities of ethylene glycol-based nanofluids containing copper nanoparticles”, Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 78, Issue 6, 2001, pp. 718–720.
30. Heris, S. Z., Etemad, S. G., Nasr Esfahany, M., “Experimental investigation of oxide nanofluids laminar flow convective heat transfer”, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 33, Issue 4, 2006, pp. 529–535.
31. Peyghambarzadeh, S. M., Hashemabadi, S. H., Jamnani, M. S., Hoseini, S. H.,“Improving the cooling performance of automobile radiator with Al2O3/water nanofluid”, Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 31, 2011, pp. 1833- 1838.
Radiator, Nanofluids, Nanoparticles, Ethylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, thermal conductivity, heat transfer coefficient, effectiveness.