Clay’s Properties Improvement with RBI Grade 81 and Brick Kiln Dust
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2018 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2018|
|Authors : Jasbir Singh, Neeraj Sharma
|DOI : 10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V58P215|
Jasbir Singh, Neeraj Sharma "Clay’s Properties Improvement with RBI Grade 81 and Brick Kiln Dust", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), V58(2),79-81 April 2018. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group
Clay is plastic in nature but swells when comes in contact with water. Such types of soils is classified as expansive soils. To remid this problem, different techniques are to be used which improves strength and durability of clay and reduces its compressibility due to contact with water. The best technique which can be used to improve the consistency limits as well as shear strength of the soil is the soil stabilization. In this study, observation will be done to improve the various engineering properties of soil after the addition of Brick kiln dust and RBI grade 81 into the clay.
1. Anitha K.R. (Nov. 2009) “Effect Of Rbi Grade 81 On Different Types Of Subgrade Soil”, 10th National Conference On Technological Trends (Nctt09) 6-7, Pp. 165-170.
2. Dr. B. Satyanarayana, K. Puneetha Reddy , A.S.S.S Ravanthi , I.H.S.H Arsha (2013)”Stabilisation Of Expansive Soils Using Brick Kiln Waste”International Journal Of Applied Sciences, Engineering And Management,Issn 2320 – 3439,Vol. 02, No. 03,Pp. 50 – 53. Department Of Civil Engineering, K L University, Guntur, Andhra Pardesh, India.
3. Depaa. Ra. B (2013), “Stabilization Of Pavement Material Using Waste Brick Kiln Dust”, International Journal Of Engineering Research & Technology (Ijert), Issn: 2278-0181, Vol. 2 Issue 4, Dept Of Civil Engineering, R.M.K Engg College, Chennai.
4. Mamta And Mallikarjun.Honna (2011) “Using Rbi Grade 81 A Comparative Study Of Black Cotton Soil And Lateritic Soil,” International Journal Of Research In Engineering And Technology Eissn: 2319-1163 Pissn: 2321-7308,M. Tech Students, Bkit Bhalki, Karnataka, India.
5. Manisha Gunturi,P.T.Ravichandran, R.Annadurai And Divya Krishnan.K(May 2014) “Study On Strength Characteristics Of Soil Using Soil Stabilizer Rbi – 81,” International Journal Of Research In Engineering And Technology E Issn: 2319-1163 P Issn: 2321-7308, Department Of Civil Engineering, Srm University, Kattankulathur, And Chennai, India.
6. Manisha Gunturi, P.T.Ravichandran, R.Annadurai And Divya Krishnan.(May 2014) “Effect Of Rbi-81 On Cbr And Swell Behavior Of Expansive Soil,” International Journal Of Engineering Research Issn:2319-6890)(Online),2347-5013(Print) Volume No.3, Issue No.5, Department Of Civil Engineering, Faculty Of Engineering And Technology, Srm University, Kattankulathur, India.
7. Neeraj Sharma And J. Sudheer Kumar(2015) “Experimental Investigation On Clay Soil With Rice Husk Ash And Rbi Grade 81”, International Journal Of Innovative Research In Science, Engineering And Technology, Issn(Online) : 2319-8753,(Print):2347-6710,Vol. 4, Issue 7, Department Of Geotechnical Engg., Daviet, Jalandhar.
8. Raasta Center For Road Technology, Bangalore. “Laboratory Studies On Properties Of Soils Treated With Rbi 81 Stabilizer”, Report Submitted To Legend Surface Developers Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi.
9. Sushant Bhuyan (2010)“Stabilization Of Blast Furnace Slag And Flyash Using Lime And Rbi Grade 81”, Project Report Be (Civil Engineering ) National Institute Of Technology Rourkela.
10. Tanveer Asif Zerdi (2016) “Soil Stabilization Using Lime And Brick Dust” Paripex - Indian Journal Of Research, Volume: 5, Issue : 5,Issn - 2250-1991.
11. Venugopal.N (2010) “Study Of Soil Properties With Silica Fume As Stabilizer And Comparing The Same With Rbi-81 And Cost Estimation”, Project Report Submitted To Visvesvaraya Technological University,Belgaum.
12. Tiza Michael, Sitesh Kumar Singh, Anand Kumar (2016) ”Expansive Soil Stabilization Using Industrial Solid Wastes” International Conference On Recent Trends In Engineering And Sciences, Shree Ramchandhra College Of Engineering, Pune, India.
13. Upma And J. Sudheer Kumar(2015) “Effect Of Cement Kiln Dust And Chemical Additive On Expansive Soil At Subgrade Level”, International Journal Of Innovative Research In Science, Engineering And Technology, Issn(Online) : 2319-8753,(Print):2347-6710,Vol. 4, Issue 5, Department Of Geotechnical Engg., Daviet, Jalandhar
Clay, Brick Kiln Dust, RBI grade 81, Stabilization, CBR value, UCS value, Compaction, Atterberg’s limit.