Implementation of Queuing Algorithm in Multipath Dynamic routing architecture for effective and secured data transfer in VoIP
|International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT)||
|© 2013 by IJETT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2013|
|Authors : Mr.M.Vijayakumar , Dr.V.Karthikeyani , Mr.Mohammed Omar-Libya|
Mr.M.Vijayakumar , Dr.V.Karthikeyani , Mr.Mohammed Omar-Libya. "Implementation of Queuing Algorithm in Multipath Dynamic routing architecture for effective and secured data transfer in VoIP". International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT). V4(4):1226-1230 Apr 2013. ISSN:2231-5381. www.ijettjournal.org. published by seventh sense research group.
VoIP is a technology that allows people to communicate each other with low cost effort in internet service. Quality of S ervice (QOS) is essential to secure and deliver a data in IP network. Such as (Delay, Jitter and Packet Loss) according to (ITU) International Telecommunication Union standards. To improve the QoS, different types of traffic management systems are used. Q ueuing is one of the vital mechanisms in traffic Management. The idea of this research is study the effect of different queuing algorithm with multipath dynamic routing architecture on VoIP and addresses the most appropriate queuing technique to improve Vo IP QoS. Simulation toll “NS2” is used to implement the task on VoIP network. In this research, Analysis report has been carried out and compared between different queue algorithm such as First In First Out (FIFO), Priority Queue (PQ)and Weight Fair Queuing (WFQ). It is found that PQ and WFQ are the most appropriate to improve VoIP QoS.
1. Hesham N. Elmahdy , Mohamed H. N. Taha , “ The Impact of Packet Size and Packet Dropping Probability on Bit Loss of VoIP Networks ”, Paper in ICGST - CNIR Journal, Volume 8, Issue 2, January 2009 , Faculty of Computers and Information , Cairo University, Giza, Egypt .
2. Haniyeh Kazemitabar, Sameha Ahmed, Kashif Nisar, Abas B Said, Halabi B Hasbullah , “A Survey on Voice over IP over Wireless LAN” , Paper in World Academy of Science, Department of Computer and Information Sciences, University Technology, Malaysia , 20 10 .
3 Greg S. Tucker, “Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Security”, Paper in SANS Institute, October 2004.
4. Gouda I. Salama, M. Elemam Shehab, A. A. Hafez, M. Zaki, “Performance Analysis of Transmitting Voice over Communication Links Implementin
g IPSec ” , Paper in 13th International Conference on Aerospace Sciences and Aviation Technology (ASAT), Military Technical College, Cairo, Egypt , May 2009.
5. Qinxia (Alice) He "Analyzing the Characteristics of VoIP Traffic”, Thesis Msc, Department of Computer Science, University of Saskatchewan, Canada, July 2007.
6. Furat Nidhal Tawfeeq,“Network Congestion and Quality of Service Analysis Using OPNET”, Thesis, Department of Information Engineering, Al - Nahrain University, March 2009.
7. Jishu Das Gupt a, “Performance Issues for VoIP in Access Networks”, Thesis Msc, Department of Mathematics and Computing Faculty of Sciences, University of Southern Queensland, 2005.
8. Emad Aboelela , “Networks Simulation Experiments Manual” , Book, 3rd Edition , April ,2003 .
9. Tommy Svensson, Alex Popescu, “Development of Laboratory Exercises Based on OPNET Modeler”, Thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, Blekinge Institute of Technology, June 2003.
10. Di Wu, “Performance Studies of VoIP over Ethernet LANs” , Thesis, Department of Computer andInformation, Auckland University of Technology, 2008.
11. KeerthiPramukh Jannu , Radhakrishna Deekonda , “OPNET Simulation of Voice over MPLS with Considering Traffic Engineering “ Thesis , Department of Electrical Engi neering , Blekinge Institute
12. Berry Schoenmakers (1999), A simple publicly verifiable secret sharing scheme and its application to electronic voting, CRYPTO 99 vol 1666 of lecture notes in Computer science, Springer - verlag, 1999, pp 148 - 164.
13. Binod Vaidya, Joel J.P.C.Rodrigues and Hyuk Lim,Secure multimedia streaming over multipath wireless Ad hoc network: Design and Implementation.
14. D.Butcher, X.Li, and J.Guo (2007), Security challenge and defense in VoIP infrastructures, IEEE trans. Systems, ma n and cybernetics - part c: Applications and reviews, 37(6), pp 1152 - 1162.
15. E.Gustafsson,G.Karlsson (Apr 1997), A literature survey on traffic dispersion, IEEE networks.
16. Hanoch, Levy, Haim, Zlatokrilov, the effect of packet dispersion on voice appli cations in IP networks, IEEE / ACM transactions on networking.
17. Hong Li and LorneMason, Multipath routing with adaptive playback scheduling for voice over IP in service overlay network
VoIP, Multipath, FIFO Queue ,PQ Queue ,WFQ Queue, QoS, Internet Protocol, NS2